Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Toymaker's Evil Twin Engine Dragster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

[​IMG]
    Loading up for the Big Go! Meltdown Drags 2017.

"Back to Byron" Evil Twin Shirts AVAILABLE!

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Picked up the crew and officially on our way to Meltdown 2017.......Coming at ya Illinois![​IMG]

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Great times at the Meltdown! Didn't smoke the tires but got some numbers to calculate info I've been wondering about.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. squirrel

squirrel

Beautiful car!

Toymaker likes this.
  5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thank you Squirrel, is this your picture[​IMG]

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Long version on 165 MPH run!
    10 second run will take 5 minutes to explain
    Rolling up to have Liz stage the car I was unaware the Nitrous button on the was NOT in its 2 o'clock position, so as the tree came down I let go of the brake to get on the button and it wasn't there as I was searching for the button (found in the 5 o'clock position) the Twin rolled thru the lights an redlighted. After finding the button I looked up and realized the tree had activated so the split decision was made to go for it. Note: The car had broke the stage beam and I sat idle for better than one second before leaving.
    After reving it up I dropped the hammer with my driving hand awkwardly poisoned on the button, we launch, no tire smoke.....dammit.....but then I noticed the Twin was putting me in the seat like never before. At this point I go for it, it kept pulling and pulling like crazy to the finish line! Once to the finish I pull the chute after noticing some fuel coming out of the RH rear Stromberg, I no sooner pull the chute and SPLAT. I have just encountered my RH engine puking oil and covering my goggles! No sooner did that happen I felt the chute hit and I'm on the brakes HARD. Thoughts of wiping goggles or removing them cross my mind but I better not I figured......then I catch the return road out of my left eye and go for it.....had to mow some gras but we made it! It was an exciting pass but got better when Storm drove up to tow me back and handed me my ET slip....WOW 164.97 MPH. This is the fastest I've ever driven and it will forever be an unforgettable achievement for the Twin.
    We will now regroup with changes in the never ending quest of Tire Smoking low ets.....I see how the pioneers had these episodes to show them the way was Slipper Clutches to achieve quicker ETs but that is not my quest. Rocky Phillips[​IMG]

7. Couldn't have written that better myself Rocky. It felt like I was in the seat with you. Great run, and great story!!! You're going to screw around and get that thing into the 8's! So why did the engine puke out oil? Is it dead?

OahuEli, loudbang and Toymaker like this.
  8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

No, it's not dead......I'm not sure why.....have some thoughts but will dive into it as soon as I get home

loudbang likes this.
  9. Rock, are the pans baffled good! Maybe when the chute hit, the oil came forward, and then blew out. Maybe an oil puke tank for the valve covers.

Toymaker and loudbang like this.
  10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I had it wound pretty tight according to tire size and speed......a couple red rags otta do it Seriously tho....do you think it having hyd cams have anything to do with it?

11. Church Key

Church Key

Rocky, That was an awesome run, it must be nice to think about that time slip during the long ride home. On your oiling issue...When I first built my car I had just a breather oil filler cap in the manifold. After letting off the gas in the lights, the crank case pressure changes, the breather cap blew off into space and I got cover in oil. After adding a new filler cap and breathers in the valve covers the problem stopped.

Toymaker likes this.
  12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I took this picture this past weekend there are a ton more pics on the thread that is linked in my signature IMG_3059[1].JPG IMG_3060[1].JPG

13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

15. pnevells

pnevells

Great car Rocky, really glad we got a chance to see it in person, we were behind you in the lanes and i saw the pass from behind, awesome

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Toymaker like this.
  16. I don't know about hydraulic lifters Rocky. I only ever ran solid roller lifters in race engines. Church key is right, the preassure in the crank case goes up when you shut of at the end of a run. Proper pan baffles and a windage tray can help, along with good, baffled valve cover breathers. The tall Moon breathers have more baffles, and the old MT breathers were the choice for a lot of Jr. Fuel Chevies back in the day. A face full of oil isn't fun. I had a bad one when the V8-60 in my midget let go at full song. :eek:

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

18. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Rocky, looking forward to Toutle, you are a "Great Ambassador", and a modern day Tommy Ivo !

loudbang, Toymaker and enloe like this.
  19. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thank you Marty, see ya soon

loudbang likes this.
  20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

21. Amen to that Marty!

loudbang likes this.
  22. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Love the car BUT it still needum 2 little bitty Blowers

23. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Hahahahahah

loudbang likes this.
  24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

[​IMG]
    Billetproof 2017!

Dog_Patch, loudbang, enloe and 5 others like this.
  25. Have I told you I'm jealous Rocky? You're livin' the dream dude!!

loudbang and Toymaker like this.
  26. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Rocky, Great spending some time with you yesterday, you have quite a crew ! You always Wow the fans. Also, thanks for introducing me to Andi Humenik, what a talented, nice, young man. IMG_0564.JPG IMG_0565.JPG IMG_0567.JPG IMG_0568.JPG IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0546.JPG

27. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Always a pleasure seeing you my friend!

loudbang likes this.
  28. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Well mabe you don't needum blowers, damn good run. You ought to come to Tulsa to the nitro nats Sept 22,23 you would be a hit. As soon as the race is over were loading our car up and headed to Eagle field. Looking forward to seeing you Rocky.

29. old sparks

old sparks

you probably won`t see joe at eagle field. it got the wall at anra summer nats. no one hurt but she`s bent. I was in the other lane

loudbang likes this.
  30. loudbang

loudbang

Well shit that sucks.