Register now to get rid of these ads!

Toy Cars you had as a kid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51 Hemi J, Aug 13, 2010.

1. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I still have my first "car" set of wheels. I got it when I was 6 years old living in San Fran. It's called a Flexy. It's basically a Flexible Flyer Sled that had wheels instead of runners. The mid westerner's called it the California Sled!
    My grandkids play with it now.

Attached Files:

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I had a crapload of matchboxes and corgis too. I really miss the matchboxes that were actually in the little matchbox. it was a real kick in the pants opening the box, and rolling one out for the first time. I used to get them for stocking stuffers every Christmas. I had the bike with the sidecar, the london bus, the rock truck in the second pic, actually had quite a few of the ones in these photos.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  3. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

I still collect old model cars and slot cars and things so If anyones looking to sell hit me up.

I collect all scales of the slot cars.the models I primarily collect the 25th scale stuff.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  4. i have a thundershift 500 in my basement another of my favorite toys from my youth

5. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

I started out with Tonka trucks, Matchbox cars and Motorific race tracks, then graduated to model cars and Aurora Thunderjet slot cars. I managed to hang onto many of them over the years and have replace quite a few that were lost over the years. Just call me a big kid, cuz I still love them..... Plus I still collect models and have added Carrera 1/32 and 1/24 scale slot cars!

6. I had the Tonka State Highway Department set that had two dump trucks and the road grader, probably got it about 1956 from my great-grandmother. Wish I still had it. The other ones that stood out were a red 51 Buick convertible with a plaid interior (Japanese tin car) and a plastic car that you changed a bent fender for a straight one. These too were in the early to mid 50's. I've seen a couple of the Buicks on eBay but a bit on the pricey side for me.

7. von zipper

von zipper

Matchbox cars,first edition Hot Wheels, and Motorific torture track! ( still got em!) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361589662.113223.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361589680.014841.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361589696.409288.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361589710.156627.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361589723.503434.jpg

8. Cerberus

Cerberus

My brothers and I learned how to drive as adolescents with this slot car toy kit.

Attached Files:

9. jazz1

jazz1

I had a rope and a stick however I have moved on,,,got myself 5 Hubleys today

[​IMG]

10. 41 C28

41 C28

This photo of yours truly about 1954. Still have the Tootsie Toy pick up on the top of the hauler. The radio in the back ground is still around too.

Attached Files:

11. Had the Big Bruiser Still have it. Also all my Aurora Slot Cars. My Mom never got rid of anything.
    Mark

12. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

it's so funny I came across this, as I have been thinking about my 'old 88 car', as I called it when I was a kid, and for the life of me couldn't remember what it was, or who made it. another of life's mysteries solved for me, thanks so much for posting that.

one of the few things I still actually have from childhood [may be a bit new for some of you guys], is a LEGO set that built a car chassis. when done, you had a car with an 'engine', trans, rear diff, rack and pinion steering and I think seats. put it 'in gear' and push it, and the square pistons move up and down in the 'block' [no cylinder head, lol]. it's somewhere in the attic...

13. 50Fraud

50Fraud

My first ride, circa 1945:

[​IMG]

14. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

I think my favorite "toy car" was an Eldon Top Eliminator Drag Strip slot car set, circa 1966. It was awesome, complete with two front engine dragsters and a working Christmas tree start light. Man, I wish I still had it!

15. slychamp

slychamp
    from Qc ca

When i was a kid i had a lot of the big tonka truck and like all the kid did seat on it and cruise along :) but this guy took it to another level he can seat in it and cruise the big road :D

Attached Files:

16. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

I had a ton of matchbox cars. I was born in 68 the year Hot Wheels came out but I was a Matchbox kid. I bought a bunch at a garage sale a couple of years ago and they are now in storage at a friends house. I think some of his kids and friends kids got into the stash and played with them.

That's ok by me. I need to go get them back though.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

[​IMG]

the Cox VW is one of the few toys I still have from when I was a kid other than my Hot Wheels. not sure where it is, but I have it somewhere.

18. I still have most of the toys I grew up with....plus a few more newer items....

Attached Files:

19. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Holy crap!
    I had one of those too! Haven't given it a second thought in 40 years!
    Long gone though I'm afraid.
    A neighbor friend had the dune buggy, and remember us playing with them together.
    Damn, those were the days. :)

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Brother JD on Turn and Burn TV show built a bug inspired by this one that was his childhood toy,he and his dad called it the"baJa bug" (with the J sound)

21. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I would like to send out a long overdue "public" thank you to a guy whos user name I will not mention, since he might not want it mentioned, He sent me a pm shortly after this post offering to send me this car he had for the cost of shipping, of course I excitedly accepted and sent him a 40 ford coupe hotwheel:D along with the shipping cost as a thank you, since he has a real 40 sedan;)

Thanks again HRH!

Attached Files:

• 55.jpg
      55.jpg
      File size:
      6 KB
      Views:
  22. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Some of mine I'm fortunate to have....

Attached Files:

23. Had this one somewhere between '68-'70!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

24. 55Belairman

55Belairman

I got this for Christmas one year, (around 64) and still have it.

25. Muttley

Muttley

I had tons of Hot Wheels and models but my favorite toy car was my Aurora Imposter VW...........it's still sitting on my shelf. I guess I'm lucky I didnt turn out to be a Volkswagen guy. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]