Register now to get rid of these ads!

Towing the f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jrockdiddy55, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Jrockdiddy55

Jrockdiddy55
    from Phoenix

So the wife and I bought a bigger house cuz the family is growing (preggos) and now I have enough room in the backyard to build my workshop :D

The 55 f100 doesn't have a rear axle or rear suspension. Any ideas on how to load it on the trailer?

[​IMG]

2. harley rider

harley rider

use some big c-clamps and clamp the axle to the frame.

3. I've used my engine hoist to help move a frame around. Front of the frame was rolling, rear had no axle. One person steered the front half, the other person pushed the engine hoist that was holding up the rear.

Or as harley rider suggested, c-clamp the axle to the frame or ratchet strap it to the crossmember.

4. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

If its not a long tow.bite the bullet and hire a towtruck. the operator should have no problem hooking up to those frame rails, Save juryrigging some f'ed up method to getting it on your trailer and maybe causing more damage than the price of the tow. Good luck with the move and congrats on the pending birth too.

5. SASROD

SASROD

Strap a furniture dolly under it.

6. Jrockdiddy55

Jrockdiddy55
    from Phoenix

I forgot to mention, I just have a rear 9" housing. No axles yet. I like the furniture dolly idea or the tow truck.

Thx from the Haynes family

[​IMG]

7. Jrockdiddy55

Jrockdiddy55
    from Phoenix

That pic wasn't taken just for the thread :)

8. Winch and skid.

9. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Good suggestions..... I'll be needing to move a 41 "parts truck" with no front suspension..... The big clamp suggestion looks like the way to g,....Thanks !!!

4TTRUK

10. Man the rear of that truck won't weigh much at all, winch it from the front and just "wheel barrow" it up there. Hell you could even sit it on a wheel barrow, lawn mower, skateboard or anything that rolls.

11. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Flatbed. Garden trailer, Depends on how far your goin.....

12. drop the rear of the frame over a trailer hitch ball, strap it snug and head out. i hauled one home that way. dont forget to tie the front axle so the wheels will not turn.