Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tower Records filing for bankruptcy - where to get Rolls & Pleats?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jerry_Rolls&Pleats, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

Due to Tower Records USA filing for bankruptcy, we are not sold at their outlets at the moment. If you used to buy your copies of Rolls & Pleats there, please tell us where you live and we'll let you know which other shops stock it around you. Or we can ship it to you directly - see our website for details.

This issue (#23, out now) will NOT be sold through Tower:

[​IMG]

2. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

That sucks. How about a location in Los Angeles, preferrably Hollywood?

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I always get them at the car shows... maybe you guys should try Barnes and Nobles or Borders books... big chain stores here in California.

4. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

I remember walking into Tower Records in San Francisco in 1974. That was one hell of a store. One of the best Jazz sections I've ever seen.

When issue 32 of The Rodder's Journal came out, we drove to Tower here in Phoenix and there was a sign on the door that said "closed", with no mention of any of their other stores. Their site mentions two other stores in the Phoenix suburbs.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

5. You can get the very excellent Rolls & Pleats as well as all the other cool magazines from HAMBer Side Valve at www.thehotrodcompany.com Free shipping for HAMBers.
    Max

6. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I always bought mine there! I am in Redondo Beach, CA. Thanks Jim

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

How about....don't laugh........Fresno, CA?

8. I woulda laughed... but, ya... me too

9. Muttley

Muttley

I'm not surprised one bit that Tower is going under.......the selection sucks, they are way overpriced and all the employees look like members of a Marilyn Manson cover band.

10. I second Redondo Beach or any where else in the southbay.

Thanks

11. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

i live in ONTARIO, CALIFORNIA i used to buy it WEST COVINA tower records

12. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Makes sense now...

Noticed that the last couple times I've went to Tower here in Vegas that all the magazines are old, and that the sign on the building says, now for lease.

I know that So Cal Speed Shop here in town stocks it, and from what I hear there's some pretty good people that run it. Looks like I'll be going there if I don't pony up and finally get a subscription.

13. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

I've sent all of you guys PM's with details of shops in your areas.

@ 49ratfink: Thanks for the tip, I'll be in touch with both of these chains. I've already contacted Barnes & Nobles years ago but got no reply... Maybe it's time to contact them again!

@ TheBrudwich: I can confirm that So-Cal Speed Shop in Las Vegas are really nice people, great guys to do business with!

14. I hope they didn't go belly up with them owing you money Jerome. I had that happen to me with a dealer earlier this year....still hurtin' from that one! At least I can smack the guy in the face when I see him.

Wayne@KustomInk.

15. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Tower....Well when ya charge $19.00 for a CD No wonder. Make em $9.00 and you stay in business even with free downloads....

16. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

ok,but they dont list the new issue...do they have it??how much is it plus shipping (to columbus ohio) direct from the source?thanks!
    creepy

17. If Mike doesn't have it yet, I'd be surprised. I got mine for my site last week. Try again in a day or so and I bet it's updated with #23.

18. SilentMind415

SilentMind415
    from Stockton

Any other spots in San Francisco, Ca? I know Sacramento Vintage Ford carries them but I'm almost never in Sac and if I am I'm usually to busy to swing by there....

19. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

I've just checked, and issue #23 is now stocked by www.thehotrodcompany.com

Keep on letting me know where you live and I'll let you know where you can buy the magazine locally.

20. spicoli

spicoli
    BANNED
    from in a house

tower records is still out there? i think they are non existing in phoenix now

21. Mike

Mike

I was at the Tower store at Desert Ridge Mall yesterday, seemed like business usual.

Rolls & Pleats is available here in Phoenix at Go-Kat-Go on 7th street just north of Camelback.

22. south bay guys...
    head over to the magazine store on PCH and about 5th (next to rosa's) in hermosa and ask the guy if he'll stock it...they have a pretty good car and bike section...TRJ, Garage, R&C, etc, etc....i'm gonna ask if he'll start carrying DICE.

23. rockabillyjoe

rockabillyjoe
    from Seattle

How about in the Seattle area???

24. Jake H.

Jake H.

I second that. Seattle, please.

I remember going to Tower to buy RECORDS. Those were the days. Vinyl rules!

25. I will second that. SideValve rules just ordered the last 2 R&P from him this morning. Not only is it free shipping for Hambers but he always is quick with shipping too.Thanks for the service sidevalve.

26. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

I used to get mine at the Tustin market place Tower Record Store in Orange County anyone close that may have it?

27. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

I have no clue whether they're gonna shut down or not. They're a possibility that someone might buy them out. In any case, they are not stocking Rolls & Pleats anymore, at least at the moment.

Let me know if any of you guys need to know where else to buy the mag locally, and I'll PM you.

28. slick64

slick64
    from Mobile, AL

IS there any chance in hell that somewhere near Mobile Alabama would have this mag?

Mike

29. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

Still a lot of people contacting us about this, so... bttt!