Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Towel City Racing... NICE TIRES!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheTrailerGuy, Jul 23, 2012.

1. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

I found this place called Towel City Racing online and bought tires for my fenderless hot rod. Just got them in the mail today.... I LOVE them, especially for the money!!! These should look good on the back of a fenderless roadster truck, shouldn't they?

Attached Files:

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Those are pretty cool!!

Daaang those are cheap!!

3. Gromit

Gromit

Those are very cool!

4. Gromit

Gromit

No good in the snow though :)

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

6. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Well, fenderless, topless roadster pickup with no heater... ain't gonna see a whole lotta snow duty anyway i fear.

7. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

I KNOW!!! got the matching new front runners for $100 each and these back tires with grooving were $184 each.... i figured i would test these and not feel so bad compared to finding out that i didn't like the $375 ones from Coker. Plus, these are all capped on radials, which i like the ride of better.

8. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

I saved so much on tires that i just ordered a new set of lakes headers from speedway for $500!!! (I have lost my mind)

9. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

You are off the chain!!!!! Watchout!!!:D

11. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

More photos.... here is a shot of them as they shipped, all wrapped up and here are the two sets, the two back 800-15 grooved pie pan slicks and two Nankang radial skinny front runners. I was looking for mostly just ribs up front as i know i am going to drive this on gravel and wanted to avoid getting rocks thrown at me like AA shrapnel.

Now i just need to get the wheels painted and pinstriped... then we mount them!!!! (woo hoo!)

Attached Files:

12. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Time for an update... sorry to say but these babies shook like a dog crappin' razorblades, no matter what i tried, we clocked them at different points on the wheels, we swapped the side for side.. no luck. took them off, popped on some 235/75R-15 cheapo car tires and it smoooooooothed right out.

Too bad, they looked cool.

13. chaddilac

chaddilac

Did you contact them about them to see if they'd replace or had another option? Just curious.

14. That was my 1st thought when I read the first post. You may have some luck having them trued up (shaved). Most truck shops that cater to the off-road crowd or old truck shops do it.

I ran their treaded stock car tires in the past and had to rotate a few on the rim to keep the balance weight down.

Bob

15. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Frankly, with almost 8 months since I bought them and the need to get the car running combined to make me say... forget it. Swap meet these old ones and move on. Just from my experience before with tire companies... and trust me, i have dealt with tire companies.

16. 27T

27T

Bummer, mine run smooth @65+mph, and I never balanced them