Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tow Rigs Lets see them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by texag09, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Shelby America Inc Hauler ready to deliver 4 new 1966 Shelby GT 350 and a shot of the Cobra Race Team Hauler

Attached Files:

2. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Here's a pic of the Tasca Ford trailer and hauler that Bill Lawton and John Healy drove to Pomona in 1965 in which they won with first time out with in the H+M built 427 sohc Mustang. Today NHRA funny car driver Bob Tasca III Quick -Lane trailer is to long and illegal in the state of Calif. As most of you are aware, California Highway Patrol (CHP) has indicated they will actively be enforcing the maximum 53’ trailer law. The problem first surfaced when Bob Tasca’s transporter was cited in route from Sonoma to Seattle. At that time it was believed that an over-length permit could be obtained through Caltrans (California Department of Transportation). On September 28, Bob informed us of the following – “Our permit was rejected in writing and I was told that under no circumstance will they allow a 56 foot trailer into CA. They also made it clear to me that there is no permit available. The head of the DOT was very nice to me but made it clear that the Motorsports law would have to be amended. Since the NASCAR community uses 53 foot trailers they are unaffected. He told me that a trailer caught will be impounded at the scales and have to be loaded on a low boy trailer and truck out of the state.” Wow how times have changed

Attached Files:

3. surf-n-drag

surf-n-drag
    from norcal

The best ever. Allen Grant's semi-factory Cobra 1963. Paint scheme by George Lucas (YES, THAT GEORGE LUCAS).

[​IMG]

4. jazz1

jazz1

Last weekend we headed down south to fetch new project,,got as far as Grand Marais Mn when we turned around to returnhome due to brakes draggin' on rental trailer...gonna give it another whirl tomorrow but with snow in the forecast going to be towing with a late model 4x4

[​IMG]

5. goodturn

goodturn

Here is our 74 GMC towing our 48 Thames Nostalgia Gasser.

Attached Files:

6. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is mine. Can't ever find enough time or space to finish.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.