Register now to get rid of these ads!

Totally insane race car....and you would have to be mad to drive it too

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paulatxntric, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

That car just flat out excites me!

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

It's counter intuitive, but maybe that's the ultimate safety car...if it survived 100 years, that's not a bad record there. And--if everybody drove one of those instead of a Suburban, they'd sure as hell learn attention and courtesy FAST. Any slow learners or determined cellphone zombies would find themselves discussing their situations directly with Darwin in another realm... cleaning up our roads while putting unfortunate greasy smears on our bridge abutments.
    It would be just like Afghanistan: An armed society is a polite society, a society in which your car is always 1/2 second away from killing you would be a careful society. Or maybe just fatalistic. What the hell.

3. Stroked

Stroked
    from DFW, TX

Hooooooooly crap. That car makes me happy... it appeals to my dark and twisted side. :cool:

- Matt

4. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

...yeah, what he said...

5. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

6. Stroked

Stroked
    from DFW, TX

Oh my God, I'm in love.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RcsoQi7C0gs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RcsoQi7C0gs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNZTnsvg_s4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNZTnsvg_s4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. David Chandler

David Chandler

That guy wasn't drifting through the turn, he was sliding on all of the oil that got pissed out. Nice ride, oak frame and all.

8. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

he opposite locked the whole bloody corner at 600 rpm!!!! :eek:

9. scottwaters

scottwaters
    from DFW

Scary? check
    Cool? check
    Would I run the wheels off that bitch? check

10. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

This is got to be one of the top post this month. I love that thing. I am going to the lumber store tomorrow.

11. Clark

Clark

That is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. It's even cooler that the guy is flogging the piss out of it!!!!!!!!!
    Clark

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

haha... Yep!

...and that car / this thread just rules.

Malcolm

13. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Yeah, i nosed her.

14. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

I do my best driving lookin' through the passengers window.

15. LongnLow

LongnLow

bitchen collector

16. Fucking Gorgeous.

=]

17. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

That's a perfect example of a " Pre-School " chassis if I ever saw one. I love it.

18. WOW!!! I thought my Chevy had a lot of wood! LOL That car is amazing,where do i sign up for a drive?:eek:

19. Seems to me I remember a feature on a '26 Pontiac hillclimb car that also had a wood frame, it was built from a year old car that had some fire damage if I remember right.

So is the next trend going to be Termite Rods?

20. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

That car is friggin' amzing! The track is super narrow and there's a ton of positive camber, must be one hairy ride.

21. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

22. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

When I went to the museum of flight in seattle, all I could do is look at the WWI piston engines, and think how cool that they would be in a rod.
    I have an article in one of my 50's little books about a couple young guys that put an airplane engine in thier 32 ford.

23. thread with dust on it, but a goody none the less.

24. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

That thing is as cool as hell.
    I am beginning to like these old 20's and 30's racers better than the newer stuff.
    That engine is awesome. Unsafe frame??/
    I really dont think so. I'd drive the wheels off of it.
    I can imagine.. pilot helmet, goggles and a scarf running down the road covered in oil. What did it sound like??

26. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

The car is just amazing. I've looked at it for weeks and weeks trying to come up with some sort of comment or question that would add value or spur discussion... but there is none. Simply not needed because it's all right there in front of you... already answering any dumb question you might have thought.

Hat's off to the builder. Really amazing and beautiful piece of machinery.

27. Stroked

Stroked
    from DFW, TX

I find myself in the same place. I keep opening this thread and just staring at the pictures... like I'm trying to put my finger on something, but I just can't place it. The metals, the wood, the colors, the mechanics... it's all perfect.

Like someone else said, it looks like it was a movie prop built for some time and place not of our world. I'm picturing "The Time Machine."

But it's a a fully functional, balls to the wall, "drive it like you stole it" piece of automotive history that is, thankfully, still flogged and not wrapped up in a museum.

Where can I read some more about these cars (GN racers?) and engines (JA Prestwick, etc?) Google isn't helping much.

28. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

start here

http://www.frazernash.co.uk/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JA_Prestwich_Industries_Ltd

http://www.thoroughbred-cars.com/cars/UK/FRAZER&#37;20NASH/Frazer Nash 'chain gang'.htm

29. Reminds me of a sign-out line I saw on moparts. Something along the lines that "nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD - you know you want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences".

X2... my pop who's an old aircraft guy (well, he's into old airplanes, as well as being able to remember them when they were 'current') told me that the wood-framed fuselages in WWII would take gunfire surprisingly well compared to the metal structures coming out then.

Of course, the highly flammable dope on the fabric...

30. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha... that was me. :)