Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torques say Thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bigken

bigken

Hey, first of all, I'd like to thank all the folks that came out yesterday for the Inugural Texas Thaw. I'd also like to thank Ed Miller with the Texas Timing Association for bringing a mess of good-ole Nitro burnin'/tire-smokin' vintage drag cars. Thanks to Uncle Daniel for all your help and guidance. Thanks to North Texas Dragway, Rich, Larry, Nic and Perry, excellent facility, and very easy folks to work with. Thanks to 'THEM' and the 'Chupacabras' for their sponsorship and participation.
    Other sponsors were: Flat Top Bob w/Owens Salvage, Ink Inc. Tattoo Studio, Victory Lap Oil Change-Ft. Worth, Irrational Metal Works, Sachse Rod Shop, Rat Works Garage, Strokers-Dallas, Painless Products, Killer Rides, Michael 'Slide' Shoaf (artwork), C&W Motors, Deep Ellum Auto Glass, Graphics 4u (t-shirts), Commercial Gaskets of N. Texas, Texas Rat Rod, Empire Pin Ups, Larry's Classic Garage, and Aaron 'Crash' Fleming for striping all the damn trophies we built, he did a dynamite job.
    Can't help but mention 'A 31Mo Fo' and 'Senior Fried' for the hellasciousely cool burn barrel the made for us. It was just the thing we needed Friday night, since it was easily in the 30's. Not to mention, the damn killer fajitas they whipped up for a bunch of hungry fools, Friday night. And Big Tony's dad-in-law for breakfast burritos the next morning.
    Again, can't thank all of you enough that either came out for the car show, travelled from out of state, brought a car out to race, came out to help lend a hand, or to spectate. It would not have happened with out YOU.
    The Torques say - THANKS
    And you can probably look for this event in late Feb. of 2009.
    Also, will someone out there PLEASE build some damn flathead cars to race, so Casey will stop bustin' my BALLS. Shit, had to wear a damn cup all weekend. :D

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

3. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Hell Ken, Casey is a track whore, trophy whore,picture whore,and can only guess what he was Friday nite when I saw him leave the track in George's truck. Just can not believe that flathead could take that kind of abuse! I can say he got his moneys worth and then some. Little Shit!

4. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Glad it went so well, Ken. I'll have some time at the new job next year, so I'll be there ready to run.

5. The Shocker

The Shocker

Glad i made it Ken .Im just sorry i broke the Falcon on Friday night,and missed all the fun on Saturaday.It was neat to watch but it was killing me not to race with everybody else...

6. TexasRatRods.Com

TexasRatRods.Com

7. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

last picture of that small block Chevy before that flathead sent it back to the gm factory!

[​IMG]

8. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

hahaha I can`t believe no one figured out that was rat meat.!
    I could taste it at the first bite.

9. bigken

bigken

Hey Sport, it was the TRANNY - not a thing wrong with that old SBC. Now that GM trans was another story......:mad:

10. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Dear Torques,

Thanks to Big Ken, Big Tony, Big Hugh, and Big Everybody Else of the Torques for the great time at Northstar. This was your first show, and it was a great beginning for what I hope will be an annual event. I've been to some bigger race meets, but never to one that was any more fun. And the TXTA has never been treated with such hospitality and appreciation before. We truly appreciate it!

We really all need to thank Rich Witkovski at Northstar for letting us have the event at his track. Northstar is wide, smooth, has great traction, and plenty of stopping distance. The track has a crackerjack crew, from Nic at the microphone to Larry as manager and the great starter whose name I didn't get that saved my sorry ass by pointing out to me on the starting line that my fuel altered had a broken tube in the chassis (no wonder the damn thing wouldn't go straight!).

Y'all who were not there missed a great day. Don't miss next year!

Thanks again.

Ed Miller
    Race Director
    Texas Timing Association

11. TorqueWench58

TorqueWench58
    from Plano TX

He was even asking about the "Longest Drive" trophy... true sign of and "Trophy Whore".... :0 :)

12. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

Danny found him a nice hood ornament!!!!!
    [​IMG]

The show was a blast. Hope you so it again next year

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  13. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Big Props go to the Torques for puttin on one badass little carshow / drag race. Man Im still grinnin! I musta made around 25 runs down the track. This will definitly go on my list of "never" miss events. You would have never guessed this was a first time event for you guys. The feeling to me was like a show that had been going on for a few years. The Drag strip staff was also excellent. The Torques better get ready cause this show will only get bigger! Thanks guys!
    Ed
    Chupacabra CC

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

I think it was funny that it was so laid back the announcer couldn't get used to it. He felt like he had to try and get people moving.....

15. Big Tony

Big Tony

DId ya'll hear the announcer trying to figure out what the... in his words... the wild kool looking orange thing ...that was a Henry J. He did do a bangup job keeping things going and helping us Thank our sponsors and sell shirts and such.

I was gonna bring some pacifiers on a string out for all the whiners...but if i did i would not have needed them.... Well except for my wife cause she whined about me staring at the pin up chicks all day ehehehe

16. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

sorry i missed it. i was out at decatur all day trying to make some rent money.
    maybe next year i'll even have a car together to race.
    b

17. CrazyVern

CrazyVern

Thanks for a great event, we broke our car and still had a great time.

18. bigken

bigken

You were missed, my friend. Next year may not coincide with Decatur...... :D

19. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

ya know, I have said this on many other threads...but I know for a fact that everyone that was with us or around us...had a dam fine time...if they didn't ...it was dam sure not anyone's fault but theirs............AND THE BAND WAS GREAT. Would have made more passes with the Ford, but we turned the drinking light on pretty early.
    Mark