Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Torque Tube Tech. Custom Liner. Tool Repair & Fabrication. 32 Pt17 59 Pt11.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Mart

Mart

Hello! Welcome to part 17 of Mart's 32 Sedan build and part 11 of the Ol' 59 Flatty refurb. In this video I show how to determine the length of the torque tube from basic principles and also share some tips on shortening. I continue the linering and boring job on the 59 Flathead block. I also indulge in a quickie fix to a vintage Crescent wrench and make something from nothing: A pair of tall axle stands. I hope you find something to enjoy and hopefully something you will find useful. If you like what you see please comment. click like and why not subscribe. Sharing on social media (whatever that is) also helps, so I'm told. Thanks for dropping by and I'll catch you on the next one. Cheers! Mart.

kadillackid likes this.
  2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Mart, Nice job. Always enjoy your videos and the way you take the extra effort to
    include the detailed thinking and actual "hands-on" techniques you use.
    That makes your videos so very helpful to do-it-yourself folks.
    Would love to be your next door neighbor.

Mart likes this.
  3. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy your videos Mart. I agree with 19Fordy, I like the way you explain your thought processes while performing the work. Jim

Mart likes this.
  4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

5. Mart

Mart

Thanks fellas I like to explain what I'm doing and how I decided to do it. It's like the old saying, "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for life". I like to do things from first principles and show that so people can copy the method rather than just asking on a forum how long that part should be, or whatever it might be at the time.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Mart.

kadillackid likes this.
  6. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Mart, Your workshop is heaven on earth for a car guy or lady.
    Please keep posting your videos as they are both informative and encouraging.

Mart likes this.
  7. dudley32

dudley32

Sunday non-daylight savings time bump...

Mart likes this.