Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torque tube seal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Defisch, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Defisch

Defisch
    from Hudson FL.

Anyony know who sells the seals for the bell on the tranny where the torque the attaches (48' Ford). I checked NAPA with no luck.

2. Fogger

Fogger

The only seal that I have used that actually works is available from Hot Rod John in Ohio. 330-468-3027 It is similar to a "O" ring and if instructions are followed you won't have any leakage. The original cork seal material doesn't last very long.

3. Defisch

Defisch
    from Hudson FL.

Thanks Fogger, I'll give him a call tomorrow. the "O" ring type seal is for where the tube pivots in the bell correct?

4. Fogger

Fogger

Yes it fits in the clamshell. Good luck

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The other source is Roy Nacewicz (approximate name!) who reproduces Ford bolts and gaskets and stuff. His seal is the original felt...before I found out about that, I always wondered howinhell the fatory installed the unworkable cork strip...turns out they didn't!

6. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Google up "Seals It", a local racer makes unique seals for all kinds of applications, think he has a seal that fits right inside the torque tube, tight to the drive shaft.

7. Any other ideas out there that some of you have done?

-Shiny