Register now to get rid of these ads!

torque tube clamp,coupler?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by I SMELL SMOKE, Mar 21, 2010.

1. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

im looking for a torque tube clamp,coupler piece. does any one sell them and what is the correct term for this piece? i have the piece that goes between the ujoint and torque tube but not the piece that goes over the end of the torque tube. thanks

2. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

not sure i can help you immediately but i have just been working with these on a project i`m doing. are you talking about a ford driveshaft to start with? they made 2 types one had 6 bolts connecting it to the tranny and later ones had only 4....i just bought one from off the hamby classifieds and had alot of pm`s offerring more ........the second one has 4 holes that mount to the tranny........i have a 6 bolt one that came off the early trannys it also has the cone shaped cover too.....Jim

3. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i need the 4 bolt

4. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

thats so funny ....that you would post that now...i just got finished sandblasting the one i got from another hamby........blasted it and primered it too......i`m sure if you ask for one in the hamb classifieds you`ll get one........by the way thats a kool looking project you have got going too....check out my project ...search for a 1948 hillegass sprint....you`ll find it......

5. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

whats the correct name for it?

6. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

tourqe tube clamp is as good as anything i`ve heard......

7. Fogger

Fogger

Generally called a torque tube clamshell. Get the seal from Hot Rod John in Ohio. 330-468-3027. If installed following his instructions it will not leak..I've had one on my roadster for 3 years and not even a drip.