Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Torque thrusts My lucky day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47ragtop, Jul 19, 2019.

1. 47ragtop

47ragtop

A buddy called yesterday and told me he found some torque thrusts in 5 1/2 bolt pattern because he knew I was interested in 4 for my 40 coupe . I went today and ended up trading 5 14inch torque thrusts ( 2 pairs but only 2 real Americans plus 1 odd wheel) and very little cash for a staggered set of 15 inch torque thrust . The 2 15 by 7's are real Americans and the 15 by 6's are OK Tire and Rubber Co out of OKC. In case you hadn't guessed I am a torque thrust kinda guy. I am stoked to have these and when I sell something (ha ha ) ,I will buy 4 more new tires and have the 2 sets of wheels I want for my 40. The edge of the wheels don't match but I am HAPPY ! Thanks so much Tommy !! Later Bill

Attached Files:

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Neat!
    I've seen wheels that had that outer lip machined off the face to match but I wouldn't.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    47ragtop likes this.
  3. noboD

noboD

Put the two OKs on the right side so you are looking at the good ones when you get in to drive. I love torque thrusts.

47ragtop likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

good deal - Torque Thrusts have been and will continue to be Cool

little red 50 and 47ragtop like this.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

99% of people would never notice the difference in them once you get them polished out and tires mounted, I know I wouldn't. Great score, my favorite wheel design, followed by 5 slot polished aluminum slots. Haven't decided which I want for my car yet, leaning toward a set of TT knockoffs.

6. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Early Americans didnt have the edge on the outer lip. So I wouldnt worry about them not matching.

47ragtop likes this.