Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torque Fest is Killing me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AA/Fuel34fordpu, Apr 7, 2011.

1. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Im busting my rear to get my car done I hope it gets there. The car wont be totaly done the way I would like but time is not on my side. Jeff came over one day last week he knows what Im up against. You guys know the deal Im spending alot of money not to just make the show. The main reason is to support John and his daught because family is first! The other reason is I pre-payed just so I could cruz in to the drive in. I want to watch two of the all time great car movies in my car...

Who else is up against the 8 ball trying to get there ride done if so what does it need done.

2. I'm hopin you make it, Torquefest is gonna be dynamite! John has really put together a great package for a reasonable price. Let's keep this show comin back!

ps,...did you find your garnish trim/, I still have that if not.

3. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Sam yea I still need them but I put them on the back burner cause I have to put money else were to get the car to the show....

4. brjnelson

brjnelson

I am working on a engine & trany install on the 63 Fairlane I just got, also want to get posi installed. I want to throw around some Iowa dirt on the track.

5. Turbo Rocket

Turbo Rocket
    from Iowa

I am in the same boat. I have been waiting for my bellhousing to get modified for a T-5 behind my y-block for three months. Was supposed to be three weeks. Hopefully it shows up next week, so I can slam it together. Torque Fest was my goal, and it would have been easy if my parts would have been done when they were supposed to be.

6. ..I'll keep em for ya...

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Last year, I was waiting for a Exhaust Manifold for my Chevy. Not easy to find. The steering box is located to the rear of the motor, with a big notch in the manifold to clear. It arrived the Friday before the show. Installed it Quickly, got 10 blocks from home and the returnline for the powersteering blows. Repaired that and 5 hours later, I arrived at Torque Fest. I did happen to miss all the rain. Great show, was plannin to attend again But there`s a wedding reception I`m required to attend in Chicago. Dammit! Maybe the wife won`t notice when I head north at Iowa City Saturday.

8. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

A little pressure can be a good thing. Great motivator.

2 years ago my goal was to get my truck ready by the Syracuse National show, I thrashed, and thrashed, and finished it like a week before. My first time going highway speeds(65-70mph) was on the way to the show.

This years im trying to do the same as you, accept for a different show. I've got a show at the end of May I have to attend. This car still needs a ton...

9. A little pressure is a good thing! Making it to Vintage Torque Fest will be priceless!! Now stay off of here and get back to work and we will see you at the show!!

10. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i'm in the same situation ! hoping to finish up my roadster pickup for its debut , like you say it wont be 100 percent finished but i wanna bring it to the show ! i'll be there either way w a group of guys

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

hey - at least you guys are able to get your rods running - I am not even sure mine is gonna make it up there this year - we will have to see -
    I have to be outta town promoting Torque Fest in St Louis this weekend, Cedar Rapids next weekend , and Peoria the weekend after that.......
    hope to find some time in there somewhere.

12. GREASER815

GREASER815

I umm.....still need to buy a car. Sold my 54 Ford and have not found something else yet. Just a bunch of junk. This will be our first time, but it means alot to us to support this show. My 10 month old son is a HLHS survivor and I know what they have been through and how scary this stuff is and how it changes you. I will do anything I can to help support the needs of these kids and their families. And....it involves hot rods, you can't beat that!

13. GREASER815

GREASER815

Where are you promoting in Peoria? I am down there all of the time....something cool going on?

14. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

The time crunch is gonna be so close that if one little thing smags Ill be riding my ridgid. Im redoing every thing minus paint the my whole car. It rolls on all 4 right now that was a big fence to climb the rest of the list is so long. I will bust my ass every day till mid friday before the show. Then if Im not done then I can say I gave it my best....

15. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 10 miles from it, and unfortunately won't have mine going in time either. Aargh. I still haven't ruled out stealing a trailer to get it there though.

16. Doug,..you gotta bring the car, either way,...I wanna see that thing.

17. Zaq

Zaq

Hey, ill be in st. louis this weekend for supercross! , and where and when in Peoria? cause thats where i live. lol

But, as far as you all rushing to get done to take your rides to torque fest are lucky, im hoping to just be able to make it to hunnert this year...

18. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

my goal for the past 8 months(actuall 6 months afterwork& wknd time of actuall work on it) has been to get my 33 built and in time for a certain trad show...

still have a month & half to go,car is almost there,except for so many lil things like, a complete wire job,all the glass cut,mount W/s frame(need all the mounting hardware) ,finish fuel system(run lines,modify tank,make throttle, etc)bleed brakes, cross fingures and hope that everything works as should and no major catosrophies.....i know,doesnt sound like alot,but my big giant in the corner is the fact that i am completely broke and due to unforseen circumstances (thanks uncle sam!!!)my car fund is completley depleted,,,so every paycheck for the next month and a half is completley accounted for,,,,so at this point i am just still doing all the lil stuff that doesnt cost much and hoping ...

19. capten icon

capten icon
    from Lodi

hope you make it. i know how you feel. spending money and time tryin to get ready for viva myself. takes time and patience, but we only hope that all we went through was worth it in the end. take your time, do your best. have fun

-Pete

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I will be at the Biker Swap Meet in St Louis (actually Belleville IL) this weekend - starts at 6am on sunday morn so get there early and I will be at the Peoria car show swap meet the Easter weekend to get that final push of people that may not know our event is going on..........so Zaq - you are only able to go to one car show a year?
    I guess if I had to choose a local show I would go to the Pile Up as well....but you do realize the Pile Up is about 6 months AFTER Torque Fest right?
    HOpe to see some of ya there.....I have a feeling that those that dont come this year.....are gonna wish they did.
    Rain or Shine......
    Shows starts Noon Friday til midnight Friday night
    Sat. 9am to 10pm

come over even if you dont have your car running cause there is gonna be a lot to see and do - there are already 310 pre registered cars........I can see at least 500 showing up....perhaps 600.
    If you do the math of last year - we had 120 pre reg TOTAL and had about 400-450 qualifying cars. (450-500 cars if you count the muscle cars and billet stuff) If we have the same turn out this year - well - that will be a LOT of cars.

21. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Getting my replacement motor tomorrow morning-cracked the old one this winter in a cold snap-bunk. Just finished the floor and firewall now I have to get a spoon throttle and finish the windshield. Chopped it over the winter and need to make it solid enough for the trip. Last Friday I ordered my Hurst Cheaters and pray they make it here for the show!!
    Man I'm working like crazy but this shitty cold I have is really slowiing me down!!
    I'll be riding my Nightrain down if the A-Bone isn't ready in time.
    Good luck man!!

22. Zaq

Zaq

Never really said I wasnt going to torque fest...just that my truck wont be makin it.
    But damn...

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

it's cool man - I am just bustin your balls - hope to meet at the Peoria swap and show! It is the day before Easter.

24. I'm thinking at least 600, myself! 20 days till the big day!

25. just got my slilcks & skinnies from Coker tire yesterday and am fixin to gettem on the old slots ,gotta put the one carb intake back on-will save the crossram for a later project(on this coupe still,just later on)-Mr Krude still on back burner it runs drive it around Fairgrounds and up to Oriellys at times hope to see you all there -got approved for vac time on 27 & 28th finally !!!

26. awesome582

awesome582
    from Iowa

I'm rewiring my '46 willys, and I'm hoping it won't be too hot because it boils over if the temps are above 70. Really looking forward to the show.

27. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does anyone have a trailer they are bringing that could run 10 miles out of town to pick mine up? It sits to low to go on to the farm trailer. Best case I could get it running but would have to try to get a driveshaft made yet probably week of show.

28. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Got my replacement/temporary motor Saturday morning and have been cleaning it all weekend-but now it's time to put it all back together! If I can get the motor in, install a gas pedal, mount my rear tires, and finish the front window frame all before the show I'll be golden man!
    Worked my ass off this weekend-feels good to work in the garage without freezing to death! :)

29. dwx4

dwx4

motivation is great, but waiting for parts to show up is making time fly by too fast.

30. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

I heard that man!!