Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torq Thrust Terry Bellingham WA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jackal396, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Look, So many of you wanted to be the Lone Ranger here. I have known Terry for many years. He is a friend of both my father and I. I am no longer in Washington State and have no way of getting in touch with him now except through my father. Just because I am on the HAMB here now and know him doesn't mean I have to come to the rescue of every swingin' dick that has a problem with someone I know. I'm staying out of this. I just said I don't think he is a crook. I'm done with this. I hope Terry is ok. He has a phone number. Keep calling.

2. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Lone Ranger this is Tonto if you didnt want to get into this you should have keepum mouth shut

3. Curbspeed is friend, someone in a post said "crook ". That's all fine when you sitting behind a keyboarding and typing a messege. I see all the points here, I'm sure this can be worked out. Maybe someone that is in the Bellingham area can get a address, and pay a nice visit for our fellow hamb'er and get this fixed without all this fuss !

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Every state in this country has an ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE, write them a detailed letter. Then, if the USPS was involved , it's mail fraud. He's not playing fair, does'nt matter the reason concidering the time that's past, and his negligence to respond to you. I had to do this once with a racing torque converter company out of Canton, Ohio by the name of "Banana Racing Converters", I'm pretty sure they went out of business years ago. After the order, it was supposed to be here within 2 weeks; but after 3 months, and a lot of excuses I got my converter, AFTER I got the proper agencies involved. Used the converter for one weekend of racing, had wayyyy too much stall, and sold it to someone who wanted a 5500 stall converter, it was supposed to be 3500 stall. I was given this bit of advice once, "you have to lie down to be a doormat", don't take it lying down, put him in his place. I live in Washington State in Everett, not really that far from Bellingham, sorry one of us has done you wrong. Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

what a douche bag:mad: knock his door in!

6. Have you looked at his feedback? If he's not a crook then what is he?
    If he was'nt OK he wouldnt be driving 2+ hours to a swap meet, or remodeling his house.
    He has blocked this guys number.
    All the guy wants is he damn wheels back !!!!!!!!

I love when people stick up for people that have been known for scewing people. Like I said, If I had a friend like that, he wouldn't be my friend for long. I'm done also on this topic but if you were a good friend, you would get ahold of him and find out what the problem is? Sounds more like an aquaintance.

7. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

I will be going through Bellingham this Thursday, twice - up and back. I would be happy to meet him, or look him up if he is close to I5 - I will be pulling a trailer, so tha't my biggest constraint. Happy to pay him a visit, OR pick up your wheels and money if need be. Tim :)

8. gup

gup
    from Washington

If you notice jackal396's last post is THREE weeks old,Since then I have been in touch with Terry about this for JP (jackal396). Terry has been working on his wheels, and JP knows that if he wants me to I will go get them for him anytime. Like Dale(curbspeed) I have also know Terry for at least 20 years. He really is a good guy, he has just been going through a tough time lately, but this is still no excuse not to call him back. I am not trying to stick up for Terry,and I really don't care what anybody has to say about him, I am just trying to help out a fellow Hambr. HotRodBoner let me know what caps they were and I will see what I can do.

9. Muttley

Muttley

I wasnt suggesting that anyone go punch the guy in the face or burn his house down, just stop by, knock on his door and see if the wheels were being worked on/finished and ask him to return the owners calls.

10. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Hello all and thanks for all the suggestions.

As gup posted he has gone to terrys house a few times to check on my wheels and talk to terry about them.

gup also sent me a message this weekend that on the last visit he actually saw my wheels there and they were being worked on, i still have never heard or been able to contact terry about them since nov 14 2008.

Right now i am just going to see what happens here and i am glad that gup saw my wheels, i want to say thank you to gup for checking on my wheels, you really went out of your way for a stranger.

Thank you all for the support and offers to pick up the wheels but i am going to hang tight and see if the wheels get finished, Terry does do excellent work.

gup if the wheels do not get finished i may have to take you up on your offer to ship the wheels back or if they do not get finished by the april swap meet in portland maybe you can bring them there if you are coming down for the show.

Thanks,

jp

11. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=torqthrust.terry

I called a dozen times, contacted the local police department, and sent a dozen emails. Terry did not answer one. I think anyone that gets ripped of has a right to call the guy a crook, especially if he has ripped others off. I had purchased 4 center caps for the vintage 200s wheels. If I didn't live 2000 miles away you can believe I'm be at his doorstep in a heartbeat.

Gup, you're a good man to offer. I'm not holding my breath on a $55 refund or caps, but most important let's get Jackal his wheels back. There we are talking big money. I actually bought some wheels from Jackal 5 months ago, and I can assure everyone he's a great guy.

12. mgrinshpon

mgrinshpon
    from New Jersey

You know, hotrodboner, you should probably read the entire thread before doing things like calling the police. The guy saw his wheels, was in contact with Terry, and everything seems to be on the up and up.

13. solid

solid

funny stuff.

14. Not really funny. Gup, That's cool that you went by Terry's house to see about this. Your a good guy and a good freind. Give me a call. I would have done it if I was still living there. Hope all this works out and every one gets whats due. Tell Terry I said hi. Hope he's ok.

15. Gup ! you are the man ! Thank you for stepping in, and helping a fellow hamb'er out. And also a thank you to houseofhotrods for his offer to help someone out also. Guys like this are why I like the hobby. Thank you !!!

16. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

curbspeed not really funny at all for me either being as you put it a swingin dick with a problem, hopefully you will be never put in this situation.

jp

17. DELTUFFO

DELTUFFO
    from Quincy

You going to refund the money hotrodboner is out?

Maybe you should read the thread?

Tom

18. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Quick follow up,

I did send a letter through registered mail and terry did receive it, i asked him to please ship my wheels back or if he can have them done by the april swap meet here in portland please bring them there and i will pick them up directly from him.

Terry has not responded in anyway.

jp

19. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Jackal, at least we warned the Hamb brothers about this. Maybe this warning can prevent someone else from getting swindled.:(

Good luck-Kurt

20. And there are people that keep defending this jerk!!!! Ugh!!! The guy is a crook, no two ways about it. If I knew him , I sure wouldn't phrase it that he is my friend. I would be saying "He use to be my friend before he started ripping people off." I have no time for ANYONE that rips people off.

21. Ok we read what you said in a previous post , starting to sounds like a broken record !Your point was made already. Almost Spring Swap @ Puyallup this weekend 3/14-15. Jackal396 , I would suggest get in your car or maybe call the people with this swap and see if he maybe he is going to be at this swap(booth)? just and idea

22. gup

gup
    from Washington

I just saw Terry today and the first thing I said was " How are JP's wheels coming along?" He was covered in black grime and said that he had just been working on them. I asked if they would be ready by the Portland swap meet so he could pick them up there and he said they should be.

23. Thank you Gup !!!!

24. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

25. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

gup,

Thanks for checking on my wheels, that would be great if i can pick them up at the swap meet here in portland at the end of the month.

jp

26. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Update,

I was at the PIR swap meet today and to my surprise my cell phone rang and it was terry, he was at the expo center and had my wheels with him.

Few hours later i made the journey over there and met with terry, long story short is terry was having some problems but is feeling better and back to work.

All is good and the wheels looked great as usual with terrys workmanship.

GUP thanks for checking on my wheels and other members i want to say thanks for the support and advice and offers.

jp

27. Glad you got your wheels JP......I'm happy that Terry is ok....he does nice work!.....Can you post some pics of your Wicked Big Block '55 Chevy?....John

28. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Here you go,

jp

Attached Files:

29. Joe King

Joe King

Jackal what a great looking chevy. Makes me miss mine. I just pulled out of storage a dented up front fender to send to the scrap yard and was thinking I miss that car.

30. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Walt,

Thanks for the compliment, here are the wheels from terry.

jp

Attached Files: