Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RustyJim, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RustyJim

RustyJim
    from Indiana

Hey guys I'm lookin for some inspiration. See I got this 28 Ford roadster body that I have been working on for the last few years with plans of a highboy on 32 rails late 60's style. Got a hot little 327 w/4 speed gathered up. 9 inch rear and a cherry heavy 32 front end complete. No frame yet. But I am thinking of trying to trade for a 30/31 coupe body and build a chopped and channeled car using my drivetrain. Not one of those Damn Rat Rods but a nice piece. But I'm 6ft2 and not as slim as I once was. What do you guys think?

2. bbtom30

bbtom30
    from so. cal

I think you should go sit in a chopped and channeled coupe,before you get too far into this trade.

3. roadster all day long.chopped and channeled coupes are a bear to drivejust my .02tk

4. flatford39

flatford39

You are better off in the roadster. The chopped coupe is going to be pretty uncomfortable.

5. chopped coupe, no channel.

coupes look meaner than a roadster does. but channel makes them hard to fit in, mine is stock floor/no channel with a 3 inch chop and i still hit my head sometimes.

6. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

I disagree, roadsters are better! Keep it, build a stock seat, but don't over pad the backrest. You'll be fine. Bombers seat also give tall guys extra room.

7. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

x2 some things just don't work out right.

8. is this going to be a driver? garage kept. some of us dont have the luxury of keeping our cars inside.

it depends on what you plan to do. a roadster is not a practical car. when its hot you get burned when its raining you get wet. and so does your interior.

9. I ham 6'2" tall and my coupe has a 3" chop. No channel. I fit. But barely. The roadster is going to be tight as well.

10. RustyJim

RustyJim
    from Indiana

I'm thinking this roadster thing might be allright after all. Although I don't care about practical, I just plan on this being my nice day "work" car( 30 mile drive one way 2 lane windy road rarely see cops)= fun time. I've allready chopped the windsheild posts 5 inch's. Don't plan on ever having a top.

11. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

These nothing like a roadster. My roadster has a short windshield and no top. Only way to go. And don't worry about the rain it comes with the territory of having a roadster.

12. GO with your hair dryer youl be happer

13. Toner283

Toner283

X3

I am 6 ft 2 inch, 285 lbs. I sat in a friends chopped (4 in) & channeled (4 in) 30 A coupe & I was squashed & then I could not close the door. changed my mind about a chopped & channeled car real fast. Looks super cool but not the best bet if you are a big guy. Either chop/no channel, channel/no chop or roadster. roadster has no headroom problems, just leg room to worry about.