Register now to get rid of these ads!

Toppers of Alameda

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by w3clark, Mar 16, 2013.

1. w3clark

w3clark

My name is Bill Clark. I joined the Toppers of Alameda in 1956. It was a very cool club. I had a 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe with a full load flathead. It could do an easy 105 in the 1/4 mile at the Kingston Drag Strip in Lodi. I am still involved with cars. i have a 1979 Fiat Spider that I enter in car shows. I would be very interested in hearing from any previous members of the Toppers. I still have my plaque and a bunch of the cards that we would hand out to stranded motorists that we assisted.

2. 66truckguy

66truckguy

Hi Bill ! my name is Mark Woolley dad still has his jacket, plaque, and car 48 Mercury. I told him about this site. He will be on soon.

3. JOHN WOOLLEY

JOHN WOOLLEY

Yeh, here I am. I was a founding member of The Toppers in Alameda, we were still in High School. The Alameda Police sponsored our club, we were never kicked out of Alameda. Several of our guys lived in Oakland at the time, many went to Castlemont HS. I remember the blue '55 Crystler 300, Ken owned. He was a driver for a lumber company in East Oakland at the time. Still a couple of us around! Got all our parts from Vic Hubbard, Jerry Light, back in the days when Hank Vincent built and raced the Top Banana at Fremont! Happy days alright!!!