Register now to get rid of these ads!

Topolino in traditional style

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wood337, Sep 3, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, the second I opened my mouth... Went out to our get together today, and for the first time in two or three years, the Topolino didn't show... I know ALL the old-line guys around town, and nobody seems to know the current owner.

2. verde742

verde742
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chip, Tom Eckholt in Gilbert will know....

3. Just found this revived thread today..rare are topolinos in stock trim for sure!!i personally lean towards big ties and hard rake,,,oh yeah, with hemi's hanging over the frame rails...
    But i did read this thread from the beginning...found it lacking one truely unique fendered topo...Wayne Dobos fiat...other then the widened fenders and the meats tucked under them, it's fairly stock looking....

On another note, to the poster who it's considering the Buick 215 into a topo. .well we just spent the last year building o Bob's Wee Tee..his frame is a carbon copy of mine basically and his 215 tucked into it nicely...when i look at it, it's easy to see would fit a fendered topo without much effort..

To the poster considering a hemi in a fendered topo, be prepared get out your topolino stretcher....one of the favorite views of mine it's the head on...three way my 325 dodge hemi hangs out past the frame rails and the "hood"....remember, I'm barely 5'6" tall and pushed my hemi back even with the front door post...leaning me with just enough room to stretch my legs out straight CAM00257.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Does anyone know what happened to the old Fiberglass Trends Topolino body molds?

5. Bitman

Bitman
    from Eureka, CA

Thought I might revive this thread just to see if anyone has run across my old car:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  6. jho

jho
    from Omaha

Does anybody have any restoration in process photos?

7. spanners

spanners

What's wrong with Rod Hatfield's traditional looking Topolino featured in the latest Australian Cruzin' magazine ? If I could afford to run it, I'd own it. V12 Le France engine fits nicely.

8. verde742

verde742
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For Marty and Chip : wait till you see the new RODDERS JOURNAL.

it has a full fendered 1922 Ford PU with a Blown DOHC Ford engine in it with a FULL HOOD,

Talk about squeezing stuff in small place, ( turned on it side, looks like a four cylinder )

9. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

10. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

IMG_0429.JPG Chip, a guy named Butch owns the Fiat you were talking about. Here's mine.