Register now to get rid of these ads!

Top excuses you tell your wife!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Thats what I was going to say... ITS ON SALE!!!

(it works for her and shoes... purses... pants... shirts... ):rolleyes:

2. 65fordguy

65fordguy

phew... is it me or is it gettin thick in here! I just had to pick myself off the floor from laughing...

My old lady is a good one she respects that I love cars...but she knew that on the first date 6 years ago. then later about 2 months after that when I bought a 96 Camaro SS....well Ive been through about 5 vehicles in 6 years. not includeing the f100s sitting in the garage...ive owned it longer than anything. She likes to take pictures of me, my dad, brother in law, and father in law working on em. She ehk emmm.. Scrap books them... yep. there is a scrap book page somewhere with the progress...Guess I can take that to a car show so she can show it off.... She also buys me funny stuff like car shirts... she bought me a Ford Truck parking sign. Ford hat... its "Cute" ... did I just say that??

3. Dude WTF You can not use that word on here>>>>.

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

if she asks I tell her the truth

read that however you want
    but I am not going to lie to my wife

5. SpadezTX13

SpadezTX13

My mode of thinking exactly!

6. 65fordguy

65fordguy

HAHA... sorry.. her words not mine... I tell her hot rodding aint cute. I tell her it supposed look mean. rough. tuff. manly. she does the whole mean grrrrr in a woman-manly voice..every now an then a grunt.

7. 65fordguy

65fordguy

I dont lie..... lol. just not always first to inform. like you said if she ask.. I usually give an answer in some form she understands.

8. DD

DD
    from illinois

You can come up with the best story ever, But they always find out the truth. So do the right thing,tell her the truth from the start. it is less painful.

9. 65fordguy

65fordguy

lol. Good advice..but not as fun!!

If I did that my truck would be on blocks with an empty
    engine bay....by the way she donated about 500 bucks for my engine
    for christmas...threw in like 80 or so for my tranny rebuild. for my birthday.

I think She acts not so interested.. but she gets a kick out of pulling it out of
    the garage every now and then...powerd by me at the moment. No brakes.
    shes all the time making engine noises and brake screatchin noises... rather funny.

10. Harris

Harris

Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies....

J/K Normally my wife doesn't even notice (unless she's the first one home and gets to lug in a new dash FedEx left at my front door!), on the rare occasion she does notice- I keep to what I've told her since we first met - ask me anything you want and I'll answer you truthfully, just be sure you want to know the answer!

11. 65fordguy

65fordguy

HAHA! thats great. Im gonna use that one.

12. The Fonz

The Fonz
    from Milwaukee

If a chick ever questioned me, I'd just snap my fingers and get a new one.

13. 65fordguy

65fordguy

lol now that one took some thinking.. wise man.

14. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Hows that workin for ya?

15. if she asks I tell her the truth

read that however you want
    but I am not going to lie to my wife

Amen to that, Paul, you and I know that's the only way to be, and the rest of you younger folks take heed, be honest and truthful, in the end you'll have a better relationship and a hotrod!;)

16. Thumper

Thumper

Shit......my wife buys more fuckin car parts than I do...LMAO. A big box showed up last month from Classic Ind and I asked "WTF is this?" "Oh..." she says " thats my weatherstrip kit and new inner fenders for my Monte "
    Gotta love her.........nice ass too !!:D

17. sun down

sun down
    from tx

just do it, I buy what I want and she can buy what she wants..

has worked well for me........47 yrs in Oct.. I may even re-new her contract:D

18. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Don't make excuses or stories, she'll learn to respect your decisions. I was building cars before we married 25 years ago and will continue, no mystery or permission needed. Share the profit on sales of parts or cars when you can. Don't short family needs or wants and make wise choices. No excuses needed.

19. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Yeah I agree joey, She pretty much expects to see me workin on the truck or here researching parts, I make it know when Im doing something, I usually dont get into details because usually she doesnt even care and rather I didnt bore her with all the details... Which Works for me. She does the sam for me when she does her scrapbooking stuff.... or shoes... or clothes... or the boxes that she stores all her last weeks clothes.. and the week before that. lol. list goes on. o yeah.. we are on vacation...so she is wanting to buy all this funny stuff.. pottery. touristy junk. I go with the flow... she listens to me... I listen to her. its a two way road.

But I always like to throw funny stories and excuses out. Makes life more interesting!

20. 23Tzer

23Tzer

My wife buys more parts for our cars than I do and I do most of the work. I try to keep her car up just as good as mine and that keeps us both happy. Been with the dear girl for 38 years now and plan to keep her.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I din't have to make excuses for making major hotrod related purchases but usually I have ratholed the money over a period of time and sold off things I don't need to be able to do it.
    Over the past 39 years my wife has learned that when the truck is on the road we tend to get to take more weekend trips to interesting places even if they are usually connected to a car show or rod run.

22. skwurl

skwurl

My wife is always talkin me into buyin more junk. Its good to be me!

23. 65fordguy

65fordguy

How did you train your wife to do that! Where did you send her and how much does it cost, I gotta run it by my wife.

24. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Her:
    What's that?

Me:
    It's a new part I bought.

Her:
    How much did it cost?

Me:
    We will have sex tonight over this one...

Her:
    What??? Why?

Me:
    Because you are soooo sexy when your mad. I'm getting turned on just thinking about how mad your going to be when I tell you what I spent....

Her:
    ................................Hmmm.... Should I chill a bottle of wine or get out the handcuffs?

Me:
    You better get out the handcuffs and put the rubber sheets on the bed... This thing was REALLY expensive.

Her:
    Damnit!

*Then she turns around and walks away. I dont really get turned on by her being mad, but I'v used that excuse for a loooong time. Every time we argue I tell her how turned on I'm getting and it usually stops the arguement in it's tracks, and it leads to the bedroom about 2/3 of the time, so it's good.

She has her own job, and her paycheck is hers. My paycheck pays the bills, and I'm carefull not to be irresponsible with what's left over.... So far, so good. :D

25. skwurl

skwurl

She is a mail order from Florida. Real exotic like.

26. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I just tell her straight up. Then she gets mad, doesn't want to talk and I get to spend the night in the garage putting the new parts on. It's a win-win, but both wins are for me! Woo hoo!

27. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

My wife is great!! She calls me up if she sees something juicy, she smiles when I buy old junk, and has no problem telling me what she likes in the old junk. She travels with me to pick it up. We ride our bikes together, we drive our cars together, we see eye to eye on most everything. Her car is a '55 T-bird w/ a 289. Oct. 1st will be 32 years of being married to my best friend. How good a friend is she? She gets ticked off if I even mention selling something we enjoy! :D We'll be at Goodguys in KS tomorrow in our '32, she's more excited than I am about it....life is good!

Motorcycle wise, she used to school most of the guys at bike meets about the ins and outs of ancient motorcycles...Yep, I'm glad I'm me!

Get the drift here? It is mutual respect.

28. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

well i'll tell you one my father used on my mom years back....

its not hot rod related but it could work for our hobby. My fathers hobby is model trains, and one year he went out and bought himself a $500 locomotive which he didnt want to run by her first. So he wrapped it up and gave it to himself on his birthday and he signed the card, from me and my 2 other siblings. The look on all our faces when we looked around at eachother wondering who bought it for him, while we just all took the credit.... was priceless. She had no idea and still has no idea to this day, quite a brilliant plan if you have to go to those kinds of lenghts

29. whats in the shop is mine , whats in the house is hers , as long as one dosent conflict with the other , no one gives a shit..

playing dumb works as well , its a gift!

30. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Can you believe it? I got everything rechromed for $50 !!"

Well, it used to work, but she's gotten WAAAAAYYYY smarter in the last 30 years or so. :D