Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical TOOO much bling ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hardtimesainit, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I am surprised not to find a gun blued engine compartment.
    Or even another idea
    of a blued body by now.

2. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-8-19_7-5-34.png Mox Miller 58 Impala
    upload_2018-8-19_7-5-49.png
    Hello,

We Impala owners and daily drivers always liked Mox Miller’s 58 full custom Impala. It was the epitome of a custom car from the local Long Beach builders. The idea of adding more stuff to any car can be seen here, compared to our daily driver 58 Impala with only a few touches.

For us, it was not like our daily drivers and on the other hand, had stuff we wanted on our cars. The 471, custom wheels, nice interior, etc. But, for me it was comparing oil and water. Our 58 Impala was a daily driver by 1962, with no more appearances at Lions Dragstrip in any class. It was a surfboard transporter, a motorcycle trailer tow car, cruiser, date mobile, and the daily grind to the front row parking spot in front of our high school.

We were held back from doing any customizing due to money constraints and the car being out of commission during the build. So, we only kept the Impala as a fast car with a few touches. It would win in the high school hot rod car shows, but would not be near enough “bling” stuff to win at the big time car shows at the local, So Cal auditoriums. Highlighted small items to give it some shine VS. a full on custom car re-do, was the teenager mode of the day.

When we saw Mox Miller’s Impala at the shows, we were impressed with the quality build and parts. Again, it was comparing oil and water. When we were able to see it in person, of course, we were blown away. It was an immaculate show car, impressive in every detail.

Jnaki

As far as Impalas are concerned, we liked the look of the custom Impala from Mox Miller, it is one of the most impressive builds around a stock platform. But, we also like the everyday look of our Impala we drove daily for 7+ years on the street, beach, desert, and mountains. Minimal bling, maximum fun…!
    upload_2018-8-19_7-14-14.png Happy teenager, happy times...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Chili Phil likes this.
  3. Aaron63Nova

Aaron63Nova

To me, bling is as subjective as taste in music, food, etc. After bolting chrome every damn thing onto Harleys for years the natural born rebel in me was always going in the other direction. To be different these days almost means leaving it stock instead of chrome cylinder heads, margarita blenders blah blah. To each there own and I have seen things both ways that I can find a way to appreciate but to me personally showing restraint in whichever direction someone chooses is what I respect.

jnaki likes this.
  4. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Class or flash. It's all a matter of taste (or lack of).

5. mutant55

mutant55

I like a little of both, bare metal grey tones blend with anything, and a little polished metal or chrome is a great detail in my book.
    Greg's 327.JPG

Max Gearhead and Just Gary like this.
  6. RmK57

RmK57

Looks fine just the way it rolled out of Dearborn. Unpolished and Corporate Blue.

IMG_2527.JPG

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Oh how gawdy.....and never wear white after Labor day.

Nostrebor and Moriarity like this.
  8. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I absolutely love shined up polished engines dripping with chrome... as long as I'm not the guy that has to clean them.:D

I tend to lean painted parts because I'm a cheapskate, and I love that look too. It's all good really.

9. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Face it: There's no right or wrong in this matter. Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone has one.