Register now to get rid of these ads!

Took this pic today at the news stand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midnight 50, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

All the rod mags, custom mags, even off roaders are a buzz about the new performance laws. Look at how much is stirred up on all the covers.

[​IMG]

2. eddie1

eddie1

All those magazines are owned by the same publisher & the article is word for word the same in every magazine.

3. While politics might be a bad word on the HAMB we need to keep abreast of what our govt is up to. The keep encroaching on our lives everyday. I'm sure they'd love to see our passion go the way of the doo doo bird.

4. screwball

screwball

Just forget about it they are just fear mongering the world is good no politics here.

5. SURPRISE !

Fear mongering, and paranoia, will always sell.

6. oil'n'rust

oil'n'rust
    from NewZealand

Fear mongering, and paranoia, won the day in New Zealand, the government made laws and now it's a lot more expencive to modify cars, but the rich folks are ok

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It serves notice that we can't hippity hop along and assume that nothing will ever happen to keep us from working on and driving our hot rods and customs. That means find out who is running for office that will vote against legislation that hurts us and then vote for them. You can very well bet that the other side is getting out to support the people that they want. Unless you intend to give up rodding and go hiking or bicycling that is.

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

Should it be a surprise? How long have people been buying replica '32 frames, a crate motor and everything else required brand new? And then registering it as a '32 Ford. You can only do that for so long until someone in the govt. notices. It would be interesting to see how any "32 Fords" are on the road today compared to how many Henry produced that year.

Look at the new laws Australia has brought in for importing modified cars. We can't be too far behind.

9. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

It's just noise. None of it has anything to do with my Jalopies, how I operate them, or how I will ever operate them.

It's just unwarranted, unwelcome, noise.

10. oil'n'rust

oil'n'rust
    from NewZealand

sure thing stick your head somewhere you cant see from, I'm sure nothing the government does will ever effect you, just like now.

If your like my country the government does what it likes, to hell with the people. So no point in doing anything anyway, just go along with it like my ancestors in germany did, it worked for them.

11. ScottV

ScottV

I think in this case it is done to get out to the readers important information that they need to protect our hobby/sport/lifestyle.

To me it shows they care.

12. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I can carry my .45 in my hot rod for protection. Down under the average citizen can't.

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Who are "they'? Where do "they" live? What do "they" drive? Are "they" better than "us"? Maybe "they" should look at "themselves". What can "we" take away of "theirs"? Tanning beds, golf courses, Air conditioning, sauna, Heated swimming pools. Maybe "we" could take away the things that make "them" happy.

14. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

.......................... noise.

15. And it shows the lack of independant thinking by the editors! If you look in one of the closed threads you can see HRM copied a 1984 Cover VERBATIM.

I counted 8 the other day at my newstand

16. TheWrenchbender

TheWrenchbender
    from Belton SC

Well if "THEY" are going to take or confiscate all the Hod Rods "THEY" better hurry,,,,,,, Cause I been hearing the world is gonna end in 2012.;)

But I really feel this needs addressing on local levels, getting correct info so we can deal with the problem when it becomes a real threat. It's already real to some of you so the rest of us should learn all we can as to head this off before it's to late!

17. Chicken Little was an optimist.

18. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

If you want to confuse people... Dangle a extention cord out the back...

19. Beebeebobby

Beebeebobby
    from Webb City

I distinctly remember my dad cursing having to put seat belts in 65 C-10 chevy pickup! Don't think I can get away without a belt now in a vehicle...but who knows? I doubt law is gonna let you point a .45 at them and tell them you have the constitutional right...oh, well...better get online with a lobby group like SEMA...

20. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

hey nash...OPEN YOUR EYES..yup i yelled

21. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Current moon phase; Waning Gibbous, 90% of full.........................:D

What the publishers of those magazines have to contribute to the building of traditional hot rods?
    Noise.

22. chevyshack

chevyshack

They are trying to force people here in tallahassee to ride a bus instead of driving thier cars. They took one of the busiest streets here that was already bottle necked at rush hour and made it 2 lanes. Now they want to do it to another main street by the college. The 2 lanes they are going to close will be strictly for buses and bicycles. In an interview they admitted that they want people sitting in traffic to see the bus go by them so they consider taking it. Watch out America! The libs are taking over!!!

23. Yes, you can drive ANY car that came without belts and no need to add them. study the laws that way they can't take the right away from you

24. Beebeebobby

Beebeebobby
    from Webb City

We shall see TMan...BTW, it is still against the law...as it was in Texas in the 1960's. Try it see how far it gets you.

25. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

A keen-eyed HAMBer posted this photo a few days ago...
    I guess I'll keep posting it everytime this horseshit comes up...

on the left a 1984 magazine, on the right this 2010 issue.....

[​IMG]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

26. metalshapes

metalshapes

I think I've seen a couple of Closed Threads about this subject already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.