Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tons of 'Em-Rare Vintage Custom Car Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy junkie, Jan 4, 2009.

1. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

2. Throttlehead250

Throttlehead250
    from Houston TX

man this is an awsome thread, i wish i would have been around for this generation of custom.

Elcohaulic likes this.
  3. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

4. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

5. firemangordy

firemangordy

Mox Miller's '58. He bought it new and hasn't driven it since '62.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  6. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

All right...somebody else jump in and add some pics

[​IMG]

7. Smooth Customs

Smooth Customs

Well JJ, anyone can post pictures.
    But can you put details about the cars and people in them?
    Without going back to where you found them, and taking that information as well.

Riksters site is possibly the most accurate collection of Custom car related material available.
    And he has the ability to find something based on a question and at times very little else posted on this site, and reply with pictures and accurate information on many aspects of the car and its history. With original and at times previously unseen photos.
    This has taken him many years to compile, and is expanding every day.

How about you post some original, previously unseen pictures from your collection with information on them. And show how clever you are.
    Thats a bit harder than just using someone elses material.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

In case you missed it fng,I told everyone,I promote him and encourage others to visit his website.And in case you also missed on a daily basis here on the HAMB there are multiple photo threads[ex. Drag cars in motion,Cool pics,post them here, Historic stock cars, NHRA junior stock, Yesterdays filling stations,Jungle Pam photo thread,etc...] where people post photos that in alot of cases were taken before they were even born.If you have some history to share about a photo you see here-great,feel free,thats why we're here so we can all learn from each other.
    Clever?How did I give that impression?My 3rd grade son could get on the internet,do a photo search and come up with custom car pics,theres no rocket science involved in that.If theres someone out there that actually took one of these photos with their own camera and complains that it was posted without their permission,then I'm wrong and it should be removed.But dont give me grief over photos that you do not own,or did not take.

As I said earlier,Ive been collecting this stuff up myself for years,maybe he and I are drinking from the same well.I am not trying to take credit for any hard work he's put into what ever website he's got[that I still havent visited yet]but if he's worried about "his" photos,he should put up a block of some kind on them.The hamb is an information and photo sharing forum.Chill out and enjoy it.

chryslerfan55 and Elcohaulic like this.
  9. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

This is hands down one of the coolest threads in a long time.:)

10. How about shutting up and enjoy the pics? That would be original and clever...

chryslerfan55, tommyd and Elcohaulic like this.
  11. classicfins

classicfins

Is that a current photo?

12. skunx1964

skunx1964

nice stuff!

Elcohaulic likes this.
  13. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Jalopy Junkie....Thanks man !.....In your short life here on the HAMB, you've contributed a hell of a lot.....I dig all your posts, and look forward to lots more.....I also collect pix from anywhere I can find them......just post them, and spread the gospel.....I also dig Rikster's site, and lots of other guys come up with old pix.....lets just all share them and learn from them.....

chryslerfan55 and Elcohaulic like this.
  14. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Nice stuff!!!!!!

Elcohaulic likes this.
  15. GREAT THREAD! I'll add mine.1957 Fairlane "Gold Digger" originally owned by Don Provance of Oak Lawn,Il.Custom work done by George Liddle and jack Detmars of Liddle's Auto Body,Alsip,Il.Went thru a few styling changes.currently being restored.Anyone familiar with the car or having photos,even if in the background PM me.Thanks Jalopyjunkie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  16. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

what he said.

JJ, keep on keepin' on man. Thanks for the great photos, some of these make me drool, some make me cringe, but I'm enjoying them all the same!

Elcohaulic likes this.
  17. absolutley fantastic pics!

Elcohaulic likes this.
  18. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Throttlehead250, not for nothing but I would say its better to live in this generaton of custom car building cause you can ick any previous time period and build on that platform....only downside is availability and affordability of the cars and parts...plus, the one pic shows 13cents for regular gas!! Real gas!!hahaha awesome thread JJ keep it up!

19. You should really show up for breakfast at Chuck's on Saturday morning. Several of the guys knew Liddle and Ditmar. Jack is still around if hes not flyin the airplane. He can usually be found at Phase 1 Coachworks in Tinley Park , Il. We've passed around pics of Liddle's 4dr custom Chevy. I believe George's son still has the shop at 135th & Cicero Av in Crestwood.

20. Let me know where it's at.Best time to go.I'll try to make it up there this weekend.Thanks!

21. Clutched

Clutched

WoW thank you. i have seen alot of them but alot i have not. fantastic. look at all those colors!

22. firemangordy

firemangordy

The photo was taken a couple of years ago at the GNRS at Pomona.

23. blackout

blackout

I really enjoyed this. Thanks to both of you for keeping them going. I like Ernest Tubbs alot, too.

24. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

The 'Golden Sahara' surrounded by mini Robbie the Robots !That is just the koolest.
    [​IMG]

Also I'm gonna store a copy of this one for next dumb 'George never worked on the cars' post.

[​IMG]

Damn fine thread,thanks JJ (& Rikster)
    Paul

25. mcload

mcload

This Chet Herbert beast is currently at Custom Auto in Loveland, CO, presumably undergoing restoration, though I don't know how far they've gotten with it. A friend of mine here in Houston owns it. Here is the link to see current photos of it:
    http://www.realhotrods.com/index.asp?fuseaction=carsprogress07

Also, kudos to JJ and the Rikster for the photos on this thread. It has been an absolute pleasure to see them. And Rikster's site is simply awesome. I would encourage any of you to purchase a print or two.

http://www.rikhovingkustoms.com/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  26. great thread....any more

27. Great post, thanks for sharing.

28. TheRookie

TheRookie
    from Sparks NV

Stumbled upon this thread while doing a google image search. It is filled with way too much radness to not bump.

jalopy junkie likes this.
  29. rodney woolnough

rodney woolnough
    from tasmania

US ROYAL MASTERS where o where have to mould gone they would be the best barn find

30. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member