Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tommy Ivo T-bucket on the Mickey Mouse Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Six-Shooter, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

While reading the book "TV Tommy Ivo, Drag Racing's Master Showman" by Tom Cotter I learned that Ivo had rented his T-bucket to the producers of the "Annette" series of the old "Mickey Mouse Club" television show for $25 a day. I did a You Tube search and found three episodes of "Annette" in which the T-bucket is seen. So, for you fellow T-bucketeer/Mousketeers here they are. Episode eleven is best.

episode four: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P41oUPLqCck&list=PLD493EAA0DCEE43EB&index=4&feature=plpp_video

episode eight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMxvTLTEO7s&list=PLD493EAA0DCEE43EB&index=7&feature=plpp_video

episode eleven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSLHeGQv-dE&list=PLD493EAA0DCEE43EB&index=11&feature=plpp_video

2. khead47

khead47

Thanks for turning on my wayback machine!

3. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

There ya go, back when toys were dangerous and TV was safe.
    That was LIVIN!!! Any one of those cars would have been fine.
    Took Jr. there a whole summer to hop up that jalopy.HAHAHA
    MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmAneeeette

4. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Very cool!!! Thanks for posting.

5. Love the little burn out the girl in the 57 T Bird does!

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I was in love with Annette. Weren't we all ????:D:D

Don

7. firingorder1

firingorder1

Annette and Ivo's bucket. The two greatest things of the 50s!! Come to think of it, neither have been topped.

8. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Annette "Fruit 'n Jello.' You never forget your first love!

9. craigibc

craigibc

That's a freaking time warp - love it.

10. My dad used to call here Annette Funnyfellow :D Cuz she made fella's manly parts feel funny

11. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I used to watch Howdy Doody but deserted that show when Annette came on TV, Princess SummerFallWinterSpring couldn't hold a candle to Annette's Utica, NY pulchritudinous figure! Rumor was Walt bound her chest for the "sake of modesty".

12. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

13. revjimk

revjimk
    from Denver

Oldcurmudgeon: I too watched Howdy Doody, in fact my sister wrote a book about the show & knew Buffalo Bob. According to Sis, Princesssummerfallwinterspring took on the whole cast, crew, and anyone else around. Sorry to wreck your dreams.
    I too had a crush on Annette... who didn't?

14. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

I wanted my Mom to get Annette to be my babysitter instead of my sister.

15. deadbeat

deadbeat

wow that was great,thanks for that.Is that a very young Tommy Tvo putting money into the jukebox im ep 11?

16. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Annette was my first true love! Then came cars but I searched a long time for an Annette clone and never found her. My second love as a girl named Donna at the exact time that Ritchie Valens hit the charts with "Donna". God I'm old like most of ya'll!

17. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

OOOOOOOOOOH, boy!!

18. firingorder1

firingorder1

I don't think so.

19. robber

robber

That was great to travel back in time about a hunerd to a simpler time.
    I think that guy you were asking about was not "TV"... but since were talkin' back when, I think TV Tommy played a milk man in a show called, "My Little Margie". I don't know... my memory is pretty fuzzy about those days:eek: But like everyone of the time, I watched Mickey Mouse and Howdy Doody:D Does anyone remember Flub a Dub?:rolleyes:

20. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Tommy Ivo built this car in 1956 when he was 20 years old. He sold it three years later in 1959. He was always looked younger than his age but that's not him in episode eleven.

21. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

Annette "Spoon-A-Jello" !!!

22. Kramer

Kramer

Yep!

23. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Thanks for sharing. Great to go back sometimes....

24. I don't know if you Guys know that Tommy Ivo
    was a Mouseketer back in the day
    thats how he got his nick name TV Tommy

just my 3.5 cents

25. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

Just read that Don Grady, another Mousketeer and Robbie in My Three Sons has passed away.

26. Don't think so. Tommy Ivo played Cousin Arne in I Remember Mama (1948) but is perhaps better remembered for his appearances opposite Charles Starrett in Columbia's long-running "Durango Kid" Western series. Ivo was in at least 6 episodes. Ivo was fairly busy in television in the late '40s and early '50s as well, including the TV show Margie, The Donna Reed Show and even Leave it To Beaver, so busy in fact that he earned the nickname "TV Tommy Ivo." When his career slowed down in the late '50s, Ivo became a drag Racer!

Tommy on the Micky Mouse show was a guy named Tommy Cole, who is 70 years old and still alive

27. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Bullpucky....:)
    The nickname "TV Tommy" was given to Ivo by Mickey Thompson. Thompson was the manager at Lions Drag Strip and when some of the drivers came to the line, M/T would sometimes give them a nickname to jazz up the PA system.
    So,,,being that Ivo was on "My Little Margie", Mickey coined the phrase "TV Tommy".
    Or, at least that's what Tommy told me just a few weeks ago....

28. 4t7flat

4t7flat

I always wanted to see that T-bucket again. That car and Norms Kookie car were a big influence on me. 1958 was the begining of the big model car craze,with the AMT 3 in 1 kits,followed by the 32 roadster,then the coupe. OH yes notice that the T-bucket is NOT powered by a SBC?

29. Well, if you want to see it, my buddy Jack owns it and it's on loan to the NHRA Museum. You can go have a look see for yourself :D

30. Gromit

Gromit

Popular missconception that Tommy I was a Mousketeer.. I even thought so before checking it out..

Those T's were pretty cool. I find myself really being drawn to them again. Then at the cruise in last night I was checking out a Fad T.. realized my size 40 waist and size 13 boots would never fit... oh well. Fun to look at.