Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tom ( The Bomber ) Baum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTTRODZZ, Oct 29, 2009.

1. HOTTRODZZ

HOTTRODZZ

Another sad reason to remember 2009.

Knew the man for at least 30 years.

He ( Found ) my first Dragster for me - And was the first guy to let me wrench on a Blown Hemi.

I did not always agree with some of the things Bomber said & did - And Im sure He did not aways agree with things I said & did.

That being what it is, I will say this,

When ever I try to put things in perspective or Maybe see things wearing somebody else's shoes I aways think of my favorite saying.

Do the best job you can with the resorce's available to you. - If that's what your doing, your allright with me.

NOBODY I know lived that statement better than the Bomb.

If you did a Big Screen documentory on all the things this guy did, tryed to do & sometimes got away with - Nobody would believe 80% of it - But I can tell ya - the tales were most likly true.

Rest In Peace Bomber

I will never forget you.

2. HOTTRODZZ

HOTTRODZZ

From Bill Baum:

Just wanted to pass on some sad news - Tom Baum died today, Oct 27, from congestive heart failure. He ran the Xicutioner blown alcohol dragster out of Des Plaines, IL for many years. Not much success, but known far and wide.

Thanks, Bill Baum

3. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Sorry to hear of Tom passing. I had met him in the mid 80's on the ISCA show circuit. He was showing his dragster during the winter and racing in the summer. I'll always remember that his "CB" radio would not transmit, but could receive, so when he wanted to stop for food, he would pull along side me and point his index finger into his mouth. Looking back, those were some pretty good times.

May he rest in peace. Stu