Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tom Swift Books

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by greg32, Feb 21, 2020.

1. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Being of an age before the internet, we read books and magazines. I read a lot of Tom Swift books as a youth. Had a pretty extensive collection. As it turns out, they got tossed when my folks moved years ago.
    Anybody still have theirs ? Are they collectible ?

[​IMG]

2. williebill

williebill

Got a few, mostly I got Hardy Boys books. Got all of those up until I stopped reading them. I was a book nerd who loved cars, hot rods, and sucked at sports, but read everything I could find, including the cereal boxes at breakfast. Used to check out as many books as I could carry from the public library, up until about age 13 or so.

3. markluco

markluco
    from NE Phoenix

Yes! I have most of that series, starting with Tom Swift and his Flying Lab. I guess the Hardy Boys weren't geeky enough for me.
    On a good day, Half Price Books pays about 50 cents per.

LAROKE, williebill and greg32 like this.
  4. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

My great grandmother had a whole bunch of the originally issued Tom Swift books and I started reading them as soon as I could read.

5. Fordors

Fordors

I went to a parochial grammar school, I think we got a library when I was in third or fourth grade. It was small and all the books were donated from church members basements and attics.
    Those old Tom Swift books were first edition, smelled musty and the paper was kind of crumbly but the adventures described were cool as hell.