Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tom May update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fab32, Oct 13, 2003.

1. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

A couple of days ago we posted here that Tom May (hot rod Tom) had a heart attack. I just learned from his wife that he is doing well. Tomorrow they are transfering him to St. Mary's Hospital (about 15 miles south of where he lives) to have 2 stints (sp) installed in two arteries off his main arteries. Because he checked into the hospital so quickly (he was actually having the heart attack when he arrived) there is no heart damage and after this procedure he will be able to resume normal activities very shortly.
    Just wanted to let all those who were concerned that we have VERY good news and to thank you all for your concern.

Frank

2. Holy crap, I must of missed that post when I went to the Pileup.
    I'm glad Tom is going to be ok. Tell him I said hi and to get well soon.

3. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I don't know Tom personally but my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. There's nothing like a heart attack to bring your priorities back into line, best of luck for a speedy and healthy recovery....

4. TV

TV

I don't think I know Tom, but I know he needs all of us to pray for him,you don't get to many chances like that.--TV [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Thanks for the update Frank. All of us senior citizens need to be thankful for every healthy day that we have. You know that all too well.

6. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Thanks for keeping us updated on Tom, Frank. My dad also had stints put in his heart...the week before my wedding in fact. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to get married because of his health condition...but its amazing what modern medicine can do. I could instantly see the results from it. He looked and acted so much better. He walked me down the aisle, and danced like a maniac at our wedding...you NEVER EVER would have guessed he'd just had heart surgery 6 days prior.
    Best wishes to Tom and his family [​IMG]
    Krsi

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'll take this back to the top once more in case anyone who is concerned missed it.

Frank

8. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the update Frank. Thats great news. I'm glad he caught it in time to get the old pumper cleaned out. He will probably feel 100% better after the procedure. Tell him he's in our prayers.

9. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Glad to here he's doing well. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Hope he's back in action soon! [​IMG]

10. beatnik

beatnik

I'm glad to hear Tom's doing well. He's a good guy, tell him to take it easy, and to get on the HAMB.

11. Donzie

Donzie

Thanks for the update Frank. I spoke with Zoe (his wife) the other nite and they hadn't done the tests yet. By the way, I spoke with Shirley Brewer yesterday and informed her about Tom. I know she will pass it on to Gene.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Holy Smokes Batman! I guess I missed the earlier post cuz of the PileUp. I'm so happy to hear he's going to be ok. Please pass along my wishes for a speedy recovery and tell him he's not getting out of stuffing calendars into mailers that easily. [​IMG] I've just promoted him to a supervisory position over the rest of you TT. [​IMG]

Do you have his home address? I would like to send a card.

13. Thanks for the update Frank.My computer has been down for awhile and I just got back online.Glad to hear that Tom is doing well.
    Ray

14. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Everyone,
    Tom's address is:
    3189 N Eastman Rd, Midland, MI 48642

15. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Went to see Tom in the hospital last night. He is doing pretty good but he did have a set back yesterday so they will be keeping him a while longer unitl he stablizes a bit more. I'll let you posted on his progress.

16. beatnik

beatnik

Thanks for the update Rich.

Glad to hear he's doing pretty good. I'm sure it sucks being cooped up but, but he's better off staying on the safe side.

17. Get back to normal real soon, Tom! (if you're reading this) [​IMG]
    Sam.

18. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Want to let everybody know that Tom got out of the hospital today. He is feeling fine. They put two stints in which should solve his problem. He had a fairly major setback after the surgery but is fine now. He wanted me to thank everyone for the cards and well wishes. He really appreciates it. He wants to go cruisin in his hot rod in a day or two so you know his feeling better.

19. Don't know him, but if he is a MI hamber, he must be ok!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Jason

20. beatnik

beatnik

Glad to hear he's feeling better, and if they sent him home Tom must being doing better too. Nothing makes me feel better than driving a hot rod with a little rumble, tell him to take it easy.