Register now to get rid of these ads!

Today's score for my Av8

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, Oct 14, 2012.

1. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Killer score .... Good for you ! Now I dont feel so bad for practically stealing that 33 5 wdw from your neck of the woods . I just got me a 59A motor but I'm sure I paid a lot more than you did ! Ha ha . I may be interested in some parts swapping on that Fenton 2x2 you want . We'll talk !

Jp

2. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Let me know. I don't know what parts usable and whats scrap. Loads of water pumps, clutches and fans. I'm pretty sure the second toploader is going to a guy in Cali.

3. I would'nt get rid of my spare trans. When I ran my first '55 Chevy, I was peiceing together a trans almost weekly. The best thing going for you running all this antique stuff is the light weight. And like someone said,,, play nice!

4. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Gotta fund the project Unc, right now I could use the cash more than the tranny sitting in the corner.

I picked this up yesterday from HOLLYWQQD. I'd like to trade off the pair of Holleys for one stromberg 97
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

A couple questions for the flathad gurus.

These are the 59a-b heads that came on the engine. Do these look like they have had some work done to them? Does this look like a lightened flywheel?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY