Register now to get rid of these ads!

Todays newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by nickw, Oct 5, 2018.

1. nickw

nickw

Hello all: Name is Nick w. I am in my 70's and have been building a 1939 Ford Tudor sedan as a mild rod for the last four + years. I bought it in pieces and have most of the body parts. The person I acquired it from used the running gear for a 1927 T project so sold me the body and (all?) the parts to build my rod. I have purchased a new frame from Fatman Fabrications and now have the body with mostly new sheet metal replacing the rust and frame mated and it is temporarily moveable under its own power. Now begins the puzzle(s0 I have tons of parts in various boxes and am beginning to install the wiring and switches.

I will be searching the forum for correct placement of the various switches as I have the panels and pieces for the dashboard but don't know where the little bits all belong.

Thank you.

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. It has been way too many years since I had my 39 Ford coupe just after high school in late 50's to remember the placements of the dash components.
    What part of the country are you located as likely some of us are nearby and could offer a bit of assistance.
    Post some photo's of the car as you progress. Good luck with it. Jimmie