Register now to get rid of these ads!

Todays find....1940 Dodge?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratmotor, Jun 14, 2011.

1. A guy was asking me if I knew where any Power Wagons were and the conversation got around to an old car in his construction yard. Took a ride up today to see what it was. Looks to be a 40 Dodge 4 door sedan in tough shape. Next will be the question...how much? The guy knows I flip this type of stuff but he really wants a Power Wagon and I know where there are a few.:D

Attached Files:

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wasnt the 2 door you dragged home around the same vintage? Some one could make 1 out of the pair.

3. Sold the 39 Plymouth a few days ago. Some guy says he's coming to buy this Ford on the weekend. We will see if he shows up....

4. Squablow

Squablow

Neat cars but very little interest in the big 40's Mopar sedans. If it's got a title and all the fenders are there it might be saleable, but I'd be surprised if you'd get $300 for what's there to any collector. Not even really much that could be parted out from that car.

I'm a big Mopar fan and I'm always the optimist but I don't think I'd give more than a hundred or two for that. I'd figure you could sell the dash, steering wheel, rear window, maybe the stock rims if they're still on it and a few other pieces and get scrap money for the rest.

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I agree;not much interest or value. Take the car off his hands for telling him where the Power Wagons are-if he buys one. A finders fee of sorts.

6. Talked to the guy on the phone. He thinks it's worth its weight in gold. Damn you Barrett Jackson..... I figure it might be worth $500.00 with the fenders and full clip.I think I insulted him.Oh well....

7. powhatan42

powhatan42

You are right...there are two '40 Plymouths by me that are only $600 each, the four door is a complete car and the 2dr Sedan has a Camaro clip, both with Titles.