Register now to get rid of these ads!

Today was a good day....three new 54 Buicks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilkazeevil, Jun 14, 2011.

1. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

those are just some old buicks..haha . cool find

2. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

3. I can upload directly to facebook from my mobile. I cant seem to post pics to the hamb from it though. I just uploaded a pic of each car to the facebook page. It is under the mobile loads album. The green two door sedan is very clean, needs minor floor patching and rocker work but comes with new panels, the second car is a junk parts car, but comes with every piece wether on the car right now or not, the silver car is the jewel, practically rust free two door hardtop Riviera with ne w glass, rechromed and polished bright work, rebuilt engine and tranny, the works. I plan to build the silver car for me 100% original at Mrs. Partlows request. I just so happen to have a set of perfect original Buick wires that will look sweet on there. The green post car I will chop and build a mild custom for my daughter out of. Now just to finish my shoebox and start on the Buicks!

4. By the way, Mrs. Partlow is a great lady. She is on the chairboard of near every committee around here and is just great people. We have become friends and when the silver Riviera is done I plan to take her to the first carshow I take it to with me.

5. What a great find! I figured the silver one was the best of them.

I'll go back to eating my crow with a nice side of STFU.

6. ALLLLLRIGHT photos, guess this wasn't another 'crotex' story after all.
    Well done good score.

7. Thanks ladies....lol....jk

8. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I was determined to keep the faith. Glad I did. Cool score!

9. Very, very nice. That Silver one looks like a jewel in the rough. Those wires will look great. I like that you'll be keeping the nice lady a part of that car's story, the memories will always out price the value of the car.

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

good for you!

I just can't get over all the damn naysayers on the HAMB. Really chaps my ass.

Why so damn negative and suspicious? I just don't get it.

11. I knew it pay off to come back one last time :) you may want to check out http://www.classicfabrication.com/body.html if you need rockers or floorpans
    good find by the way and thanks for the pics............finally lol

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Aaahh..oh well, Crow dont taste that bad..

it was fun while it lasted,..Sounds like you have a solid plan, bring on the build thread once you get the picture thing down its all up hill.:cool:

13. I know the picture thing inside out, my computer is just fubar. I have been selling cars and parts on the hamb with pictures for years. I will do a build thread, but itll be a bit. I got a chopped 49 shoebox full full custom that I gotta fiish first and I am still gathering parts for it. My Merc is long go me and for about seven months I haven't did anything old car related. Had a lot of life changes and had to give my time and energy to my girls and a great lady that has blessed my life. Now things are getting back to normal and this fabricator is going mad! Time to work. By the way, there are two complete sets of rockers and floor pans with the cars. The silver car doesnt even have a pin hole in the floors, not sure why two sets.

14. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

good for you and good luck!:D

15. roddinron

roddinron

Great score, I never had one second of doubt!;)

16. hemifarris

hemifarris

Nice find. Also good to see your photos....actually kinda cool that your making some guys eat crow. Good luck with which ever one you build.......Mike

P.S.................This is about the first time I actually kept my mouth shut about someone not posting pictures, although they kept promising them daily. I surprised myself....I must be getting old :)

17. I will post many more pics when I get my computer fixed. May have to break down and buy a new one....damn, I hate the idea of spending valuable hotrod money on computers...:)

18. Yeah, I got a little aggrevated, but I understand. I set and read threads all the time hoping for pictures...lol. Guess its different when the shoes on my foot....lol

19. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

11 pages before we got pictures!!!! my build thread doesn't even have 11 pages!!!!

haha just messing with you man the cars look awesome and you got a great deal. Although personally I think you should combine them all and make a stretch 54 buick limo !

20. My girlfriend's papaw is an awesome car builder and several years back he built a mild custom 57 Ford limo. I think it was her high school prom she said he drove her to in it. Always thought that was cool stuff! No limo for me, but there will be a very smooth silver 54 Buick riding these streets in the not so distant future. However, I gotta keep my focus on my shoebox for now....

22. I dunno bout that, it's gonna take more than garlic to get the bad taste of crow outa my mouth.
    [​IMG]

23. 58 wagon

58 wagon
    from tucson,az

bout time! but congrats looks like you got a hell of a deal:D

24. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

I am sorry for being a dick. I was just trying to rush you for pics faster. I couldent wait to see them and you kind of left us hangen. Again I am sorry for being a dick about it.

25. Ditto ..

I said earlier that I believed him.
    I still do .. :D:D

26. Its no problem man, just the way the cards rolled out. There will be many more pics soon. The silver car teuly is unbelievable.

27. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Where are these pictures, I can't find them on facebook.

B:confused:B

28. 73super

73super

:D I never doubted..... Awesome! Looks like someone will be busy awhile with some fun projects. Yes, that Silver Buick is sweet. You going to restore all... or is one a parts car? Green one looks good too... Can't really tell about the other.

Keep us posted.. let us see progress! Thx much! This has been a most entertaining thread!

29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

This is probably the most interesting beginning to a build thread the HAMB has ever seen... :D

I really dig '54 Buicks, I'll be following this one.

30. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Great looking trio of Buicks! Glad to see the doubters eating crow. I've always wondered why there's so much negativity here also.