Register now to get rid of these ads!

Today was a good day ! Check out my chopped 36 cabriolet built in the 40's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38zephyr, Mar 12, 2009.

1. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

WOW!!!!!!!!! What a find and your doing it justice like it deserves.

Frank

2. cretin

cretin

Inceredible! Somehow I missed this thread until now. I must admit I'm envious, awesome car with history, being built at light speed. This thing will be so cool when done. The fact that you got that pic from '48 with the car is so bad ass. Get any more history on the car?

3. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Fresh nickle headers , painted the lic. frame dove gray to match the hubcaps . Waterfall with 36 buffalo nickel and (cracked radio lens)

Attached Files:

4. Jeez this went quickly...

Beautiful car Mike...I'll definitely stay tuned here to see the finished product!

5. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Thanks , screw it , made one out of lexan . SSSHHHH , don't tell nobody .

Attached Files:

6. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

great job, it's funny but the pics you have taken are very similar tot he pics I took when picking mine up from paint, inlcuding the front clip shots outside.

The car looks so similar to mine when the body/paint stuff was being done from the tailights to the rear tailpan, it looks like the bumper mounts were worked on at some point they look identical to mine... great car for sure.....

7. it could be a knockout

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

LOVE THE NICKEL! Love the build. Beautiful ride!

9. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

10. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

38zephyr,

Look DUDE.....

You started this thread all the way back on 3-13-09 at 12:06 am

Its 5-1-09 at 5:47 pm right now.

So tell all your HAMB brothers and sisters what has been keeping you soooo long.

Why haven't you got this thing DONE yet !

hahahahhhahhahahahahhahahah---you know I'm just kidding ya,Right?........

Damn Dude ,slow your roll ,you and your friends are making us all like BAD...

all kidding ASIDE ,Totally cool build ,you all can be PROUD.....

11. Very cool. Yes sir.you're really on a roll.:D:cool:

12. 38zephyr

38zephyr

So I was gone since about 1 today getting my Father in laws wagon blown apart for body and paint , get back and Jake hung the rear fenders , skirts , rumble lid , mirrors , got the firewall pad in and a bunch of little stuff . Starting to look like a car ! I love the HAMB so much , can't wait to post on here and share my excitement . No joke I'm waking up in the middle of the night "mind building" this 36 .

Attached Files:

13. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

the progress looks great! I wouldlove to have a 36....

14. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That 36 is so sexy cant wait to see it finished.. What are the plans for the roadster you picked up?

15. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Thanks ! I sold the roadster and it went to Florida , it was a glass Shay replica , or a "Model Shay" I was waiting for somebody on here to call it , but nobody did . If you look close you can see coil springs , funky wheels and a Shay reproductions hood emblem , from a few steps back it looks pretty real though .

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  16. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Got the dash mostly together and almost ready to go in . Buttoning up a bunch of small stuff , almost ready for boards and front sheetmetal ! I'm thinking black and white interior , my buddy says oxblood . Maybe I'll do a poll like I saw Dreadman doing with that KILLER model A , get some extra eyeballs on it .

Attached Files:

17. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

looks great
    i vote oxblood.... black and white seems more 50's-ish??

will it have trim rings on the wheels?

your windshield should be there soon...
    Zach

18. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Thanks Zach ! W/o rings looks better to me for some reason with the stock caps and wide 5's , I have a pair of cad sombreros that have fresh nickel and ripple discs with fresh chrome that I'll show you guys and then decide . Hopefully won't see any of the caps under the skirts with seats , glass , top , bumpers , gas etc. in it . I'm about broke , so if I have to drop the ass more it'll be with bags of cement in the trunk . I was picturing something like one of these , Matranga Merc. or the Valley custom/Tom Gloy 40 done in about 48 or so I think , like my car was roughly . Also I got this old black and white shift knob I was going to use , maybe sink a 1800's silver dollar in to it or a walking liberty 1/2 .

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  19. rodncustom

rodncustom

I love that shift knob!

Here are a couple pictures of my grandfather's '36 that he built in the late 40's. Unfortunately I can't tell you if it is Black/White, or a shade of Red/White, as he has passed away and the car currently has all Black interior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 38zephyr

38zephyr

That's what I'm talkin bout , Gramps 3 window had gauges to check his gauges ! That's so bitchin man , Thank you ! He had a nice Merc also , so that picture is at least 1950 , probably a brand new car !

21. dentprone

dentprone

Man, you don't waste any time.....beautiful car, can't wait to see it done.

22. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Man on a mission doesn't begin to describe the kind of drive it takes to get that much done this quick. Cars looking great, I love those old Cabrio's.

23. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

neat car ! but I love the out door shop

24. Beautiful car. Oxblood ir a VERY dark Emerald leather interior would really be nice.

25. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

I've gotta say Oxblood on this. The car is BEGGING for it. Trust me, you won't be dissappointed.

Now, my next question is this... Are you related to Bill Gates? HFS you built that quick....

26. 38zephyr

38zephyr

IT'S ALIVE ! Sounds nasty through open headers , since I'm almost broke and cousin Bill Gates won't call me back maybe it will stay loud and scary . Trying to get it ready for the L.A. Roadsters show , I doubt it will have interior or bumpers but I'm gonna try .

27. bonesy

bonesy

I'm going to make it out the the Roadster show - I can't wait to see it.

28. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Looking forward to it , make sure and come say hello . I should be there Fri. and Sat .

29. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Starting to look like a car ! Changed my mind and left the grille black , kind of diggin' the ripple discs right now , maybe run the gray stockers or nickel sombreros on the other side . Should have the windshield frame back from chrome Thurs. (Zach I'm using one that I had , it was a little better , but Thanks! ) Going to run 5 pieces of stainless on each side of the hood , headlights are ready . Bumpers coming up soon . Hopefully get the back down another couple inches with the weight of all the rest of the stuff and gas in it .

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  30. The progress is looking good!