Register now to get rid of these ads!

Today was a bad day.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodRick49, Sep 21, 2008.

1. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

So Today while I'm out and about relaxing, my step-father thought it would be a good idea to take the Shoebox for a spin, (MY shoe-box left to me by MY Grandfather) Which I'm fine with because he lets me drive all of his old heaps. Not being nearly as careful as I am in his cars, He backs up into his own 1951 Chevy One-Ton Panel, and completely destroys my door, shattering the glass, and basically just messing up my car.

He feels terrible, the money of it is being taken care of, and my question to all of you are, anyone got any 1949 Ford Club Coupe drivers side doors? Anything? e-Mail me at tbs8866@yahoo.com

I'll be sure to post pictures when I get a minute tomorrow.

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

shit happens to the best of us he knows how you feel and hess taking care of it ... its when they say " dood its just a scratch its not like a put a dent in it" that it really pisses you off!!!

3. gallagher

gallagher
    from califorina

I kinda had something like that happen. one of my cars is parked at my parents house and my mom backed into my quarter panel. Seeing my mom so sad about it i said dont worry about it and had it fixed. hope you find a door and get it fixed soon.

4. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I think Chopper99 on here had some 49 sedan doors. Watch using other years (50/51) for latch/handle issues. I think he had quarter panels too, while also sedan, might be able to splice them in to fix it. Hes in PA.

5. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Manure occurreth.
    Sounds like he's being a stand-up guy and takeing care of it.
    Be grareful for that at least.

6. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

Can't you get away with a reskin?
    Might be easier to find a skin than a whole door.

7. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

My crappy old 84 Chevy pickup popped out of gear once and backed itself into my fiance's 66 Fairlane, mangling the hell out of her headlight bezels and grille. Needless to say, I didn't get any for a while. LOL.

Man, I feel your pain. I'll keep my eyes open for a door around here, if it helps. Oh, and not to highjack the thread, but I could use a pair of headlight bezels for a 66 Fairlane. Anyone? Anyone? If anyone has a pair, PM me so this thread stays on topic. Hahaha

8. tomslik

tomslik

uh, had i seen this yesterday, there was a pair at a swap meet.....

9. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Tomslik, that's the story of my life. LOL

10. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

Here are the pictures of the door, he literally caught the lip of the door, in the bumper of the Panel Truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Buddy did that backing out of a car wash once......really his name is buddy.

12. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Ouch! That hurts just to look at.
    Dont be too hard on the old man, I'm sure he already feels like crap over this.

13. So how did the rest of your day go ?? Hope things go better for you >>>>.

14. Right after promising my son I wouldn't drive his Shoebox anymore,I backed it into the front of my truck and dented the trunk of his car! Shit happens...

15. 19Fordy

19Fordy

16. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

He does feel terrible, and I feel terrible because I don't want him to feel terrible. I'm gonna call Chris at Shoeboxford.com tomorrow I'm working during the day today. I'll figure it out, and who knows, I might get the whole car painted. We'll figure it out.

Thanks for all the concerns, the rest of my day was actually ok after that happened.

17. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

Just off hand and looking at your pictures, I would think fixing that door would be the way to go. Any used door you find will need work as well so why not repair what you know you have. If you're not into that kind of repair work, you can at least take the door off and strip it down and save yourself a lot of labor when you to take it to someone who can repair it.

18. BIG BUMMER DUDE! keep us posted on the repair. that door could be saved if needed, have a friend that does metal work that has fixed doors way worse than that it just takes time. find a spot in the attic and save it until you sell it.

19. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

bummer. it could have been worse

20. 50shoe

50shoe

yeah I sold those to him I think. they were nice doors if you can get them.