Register now to get rid of these ads!

Today I lost my father

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kc0kfg, Oct 20, 2012.

1. kc0kfg

kc0kfg

Today at 8:05 am I lost the man that showed me so many things in life, My father.
    After getting past lung cancer in January He fell ill about a month ago, the cancer had moved into his liver.

Please say a prayer for him and think of a time you laughed or learned from your father.

Rest In Peace

I love you dad

Bruce Richard Gunter (Rooster)
    9-18-1933/10-20-2012

2. jimn3d

jimn3d

I am sorry for your loss. It is great that you remember him in a positive light. Thank you for sharing with the Hamb community and reminding us about remembering our fathers! I still have mine he is nearly the same age... I need to go see him. Thanks!

3. southern thunder

southern thunder

prayers sent for you and your family. Rest in peace Dad.

4. 35Harvester

35Harvester

Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family. So sorry to hear about your loss. I can relate, as I lost my mother in January after a 5-year battle with Ovarian Cancer. She was a young 56 years old...but we can rest assured that they are both in a better place now.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent. Lost my Dad a couple of years ago. I wish I could be half the man he was.

6. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Sorry for your loss, I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. RIP

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. terryble

terryble
    from canada

I thought everyone had a Dad like mine, I only realized how really great a guy he was when all of my friends told me how special he was to them at his funeral. I think of my Dad every day and he passed in 1995 at 78. I keep all his tools in a special place kind of goofy I know but it's my little shrine to him. When ever a bunch of us get together at some point someone will say "Do you remember when Doug said this or Doug did that or took us all tin hunting." I think I'll go and drive his Model T today.

8. Gromit

Gromit

PEace to you and yours today. The lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit - Psalm 34:18

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am sorry to hear that, I could not even imagine the pain you feel.
    May he Rest in Peace.

Doc.

10. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

So sorry. Things will never be the same but live to make him proud.

11. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Sorry bro,may he R.I.P...

12. I'm sorry about your Dad

13. Sorry man-- his spirit lives on.
    I feel your loss and pain. i think of my dad every day.

Make him proud of you -do something in his memory!

May your dad rest in peace.

14. Just remember the good times................

15. Model T1

Model T1

Our prayers and good thoughts are with you, family, and friends, who must stick together and go on.
    At times like this I am often lost for words. I think almost daily about what my kids and my wife will do when I leave this earth. At my age, it is only a matter of time, no matter how healthy I am now.
    Remember the good times and spend time with your own family. Too many of us say "I'll see mom and dad later." It may be later than you think !
    I was raised not saying I love you. Even my wife got after me for not saying it to her. I now say I love you to most of my family and friends. I want them to know I do. It's never too late.

16. onlyonthurs62

onlyonthurs62

So sorry to hear about your father. My father passed away to damn young (he was 42). I do remember the time we had together when I was a child even though it was short. It looks like you and your father shared a lot of great memories together. Keep his memory alive by remembering him. May he rest in peace

17. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

I am so very sorry for your loss. Have been where you are now, and while nothing can make it feel better now, please know it will get easier. the good memories will slowly try to fill the giant hole and you will catch yourself wondering what he would say or do if he were there and then you will know he still is. Holding you and your family in our hearts.

18. Sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you have a lot of good times to remember him by.

19. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Im sorry for your loss! Prayers sent.

20. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

Thoughts and Prayers

21. Condolances
    Prayers for you and your family
    i just went through this last month my father

22. my prayers to you and your family... may your father rest in peace.. God Bless !

23. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Hate to hear that and know how you feel since I lost both men who taught me about cars (dad and uncle) and at times feel like I am all alone in the world with out them.

24. Prayers of peace and comfort for you, your family, & friends...

25. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

Prayers sent to you and your family, sorry for your loss. God speed to you Rooster.

26. sambo

sambo

Sorry Bud,that's gonna be a tough one.looks like he lived a long life,hope he got to do the things that made him happy.Mines 75,getting a new knee this month so he can enjoy his 51 F1.That means I'll have to give it back!

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family. My Dad passed on in 1983, I think about him every day. Bob

28. Inputflangeman

Inputflangeman
    from Illinois

Been going through hell the last few years since I lost my dad. Messy divorce, bad work situation, bad financial situation. Selling all the cars to pay for lawyers, and taking a bath on my house. Alot of stress and difficult and emotional decisions. I honestly don't think I'd be here were it not for my fiance who is my rock and best friend.

In 2008, my then 6 year old son gave my dad a book for Father's Day called "Dad: Share Your Life With Me". 365 pages, 365 questions. In 2009, my dad gave the book back to me for Father's Day after he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which ultimately took his life after 7 months. The book got tucked away in a dresser drawer.

Two weeks ago, while packing up, I came across the book and randomly opened it. The question on the page was "Dad, what advice would you give me right Now?" His answer, "Nothing is ever as bad as it seems", validating all of the difficult decisions that have been made.

My dad is in me, your dad is in you, that's what makes us immortal.

When the World says "give up", Hope whispers "try it one more time"...Godspeed to you and your family.

29. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My condolences to you and the rest of your family. The fact that you feel such a loss speaks volumes on the kind of man your Dad was. Just remember the good times you had with him and the lesssons he taught you.

RIP.

Don

30. basicbob

basicbob

Hello, sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family.

My dad is in assisted living so we talk each day, I try to think about all the things he taught me.

Like when my dad showed me how to:

Do a burnout

Use a torch for the 1st time

Helped me build a mini bike

Help me rebuild a trans that I knocked off the coller ring on a syncro

Let

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012