Register now to get rid of these ads!

to paint or not to paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by duecesteve, Jan 18, 2011.

1. duecesteve

duecesteve

My truck has could use paint I'll do it myself , but it's not a rat, not really a traditional rod but I like the way it is .So I don't know if i want to flat paint or redo the red and make it have Radio Flyer lettering. Is this to hokey or just do it.There is many roads to china!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• trk5.jpg
      trk5.jpg
      File size:
      425.7 KB
      Views:
  2. 57choptop

57choptop

how about wheels and tires? tall and skinny!

3. Larry T

Larry T

Where did he ask about tires & wheels?

Shiney is good!
    Larry T

4. MalibuKasey

MalibuKasey

Radio flyer idea would be awesome!!.... maybe do the old style spoked wheels with some white walls.....

5. Radio flyer would be cool. Don't paint it, just letter it up. Kind of like a kids wagon that's been played with for 10 years or so...

But, I agree... Tall & skinny wheels & tires would set that truck off... Painted steelies and caps would be perfect.

6. I was going to ask the same thing.

Radio Flyer is hokey as hell, but this is the "Hokey" Assed Message Board.

I say if you are not after changing it to a "more traditional" rod then go for it. Shiney red and Radio Flyer on the wood bed rails. yea baby.

7. I think this guy hit it right on the head with everything he said!

8. duecesteve

duecesteve

Thanks. I saw a red radio flyer fire truck in L.l.bean and it had tan wheel/ white walls .It looked pretty cool . I just got the front wheels they are J.D Wheel 4.5 wide/5.00/15 they Came off my friends 51 henery J gasser it is so cool I have to get pics .They make 15x8 or 15x10 for the back and I'll get smaller tires. Now the backs are 31/16.5x15 on 12inch rims and it still will haze them . It's fun to drive! I bought for 5 grand it had been sitting in a storage unit for 8 years some people are idiots!

9. Larry T

Larry T

OK, now that you're talking about wheels, if you make it a Radio Flyer truck why not put Radio Flyer wheels on it?
    If you're gonna build a "theme truck" (not necessarily what I'd do), go all the way.
    Since folks are kinda talking about what they'd do to it. I'd probably put wheels that match the front on the back (size optional), put an A bed on it, paint to match and drive it.
    Course it's a solid looking driver right now, so..........
    Larry T

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  10. duecesteve

duecesteve

I like the kids wagon idea played hard and left in the yard. I'm just concered about the blisters. I.m moppin, what your spillin'. I can always sell the front rims and put steelies on I like that look any way.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  11. MalibuKasey

MalibuKasey

I dont doubt it! Cool truck for sure!

12. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

If you do decide to do the truck Do it the same color .And your idea with lettering ,I agree with most guys ,Sell the wheels and go with spokes ,That does look like a fun truck I would go with 15x8 though on rear .................. and 15x4 on front ,

13. duecesteve

duecesteve

thanks for all the good input I really appreciate it thanx again it is now sitting in the back yard in the auto cacoon

14. skullhat

skullhat

im a fan of shinny in most cases. sounds like you got some good ideas for the truck

skull

15. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

cool truck I like it..

16. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Sweeeet truck
    change wheels ....MY $.02

17. duecesteve

duecesteve

Thanks again I'm 6'1 and it is chopped 4'' and channelled 7" but it has a flat floor. I'm still gonna drive the crap out of it! even thought it is a little short on headroom we may recess the seat into the floor it's got a 262 small block w/202 heads it runs healthy but i had to take off the tripower but I'd like to put it back on it looks so shweet with it on there

18. Babyearl

Babyearl

I like it,,,looks like a Hot Rod to me.

19. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I would drive the piss out of it as it sits...

But change is good sometimes.

20. duecesteve

duecesteve

To bone yards I like your model T, my dad has a stock 22 coupe been in the family since the 40's was his uncles. Brewster green /black fenders

21. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I like shiney paint! I think the flat black, or satin black, has been overdone...

22. el shad

el shad

Do whatever allows you to lay in bed at the end of the day with a big shit eating grin on your face!

23. duecesteve

duecesteve

I was considering to go red primer w/gray and black primer scallops or flames that i have not seen done .My friends son has a bobber bike thats flat black w/ shiney maroon flames and silver pinstripe it looks cool . I painted my friend Scott's (RIP) 34 coupe w/16cans of Krylon flat black waited a couple weeks then we buffed it w/a sheepskin pad and meguires #7. It looked like we dragged it out of a barn and tried to make 30 yr. old paint shine you know that look kind of splochy and half shiney at the same time it was nice fooled a lot people.And clear coat over primer is just wrong!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  24. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

Sounds like the truck is too small for you, what with all the modifications, so I'd like to help you get into something more comfortable. At considerable cost to me, I'd be willing to trade you straight across for my DD, a 1988 Buick Regal Custom. You don't even need to put in any cash on the trade! Let me know a date and a city where we can meet to make the exchange.

25. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Nice hot rod.That thing would be cool with a short 3 1/2 - 4 foot model a bed with or without wood rails. tall skinny tire in the rear .Just my 2 cents worth.

26. duecesteve

duecesteve

The 88 sounds sweet! but i'll stick to gettin' out every 20 minutes or so to stretch my back lol A model a bed would be nice and my dad just sold one last summer for 400 bucks no fenders damn! I do like my 15 gallon SCHLITZ fuel cell though.