Register now to get rid of these ads!

to many choices...HA!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Jan 20, 2011.

1. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

I have a ford 9" rear end, or I could spend what Ive saved to buy a Winters quick change. About 4000.00 by the time I get it to Oklahoma. It would go in the project ..... 1964 F-100. Its been channeled and no bed floor will go back. Building a 429, polished Offy tunnel ram, Mag, matching vintage Carters, all the good stuff (vintage of course). the mill will be set back 20% when installed, no hood, no side glass, a straight axle with coil overs up front with 15x3.5 Cragars......If I use the 9" Ive got, I have a 66 Chevy pickup, a 49 shoebox, and a 48 altered Fiat to put the money in......so whaca think......ha.

2. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

I know very little about the quick changes, but wouldn't a 9" be better for a drag rig anyway? I always thought QC's weren't quite as strong, and once you find the best gear for the 1/4, how often are you gonna need change it? Anyway you go it sounds like a badass truck...

3. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

The reason for the quick change some of the Top Fuel guys in the 70's ran them Ive got a picture of Jungle Jims Funny Car with one....and the rear end I was looking at....Winters has stated it good to 800hp........so I dont know............

4. If you have a good 9 inch why would you spend 4 large for a rear end? Go with the 9 incher and use the 4 grand for something else. Or you could donate the 4 grand to the oldschool66 retirement fund !!!!!!!!:eek:

5. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

U know that made me laugh....I broke my shoulder Sept.19th and I ended up with nerve damage and a bunch of other crap......so for now Im at the house on HAMB and looking at old Hot Rod magazines........the oldschool66 retirement.........that was good......