Register now to get rid of these ads!

To Dad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doright, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Doright

Doright

Dear Dad
    I really dont know were too start?
    So much has happened since you left, I know how tired you were of all the BS that was going on In and around you all of the time before you left & I dont blame blame you for running away but I miss you so very much.
    I know I have let you down I'm so very sorry please forgive me.

I know your close by & watching us Ive seen you so many times watching me, I dont think you saw me when I saw you.
    I had tried so hard too stop you too talk too you but you kept hiding from me, I know now it wasn't me you were hiding from as I always try so hard to do every thing just the way you taught me, but I still didn't understand why you wouldn't come home, I have tried so hard.
    Recently every thing has started to just fall apart & now I need you more than ever before, I miss you so much.

After you left I started fixing your Old Ford just like you wanted too do before you left.
    I kept waiting for you to come home and help me with it like we used to do.
    I miss that most of all I guess working side by side with you.

I fixed the car up just like you would have wanted, I didn't fix every little thing or replace every little thing I reused as much as I could to save money just like you taught me, Its not perfect But I know you'll be happy with it.
    Its ready for you now to take too all the big car shows like we used to do, But its been done now for a while and you still havnt come home.
    Every one is on my *** to sell it now days as Mom needs some extra money.
    So like I promised you before you left Im going to sell it for you, but I needed to show it to you first and tell you

I BUILT THIS ONE FOR YOU DAD

I miss you and Love you with all my heart
    Rest in peace when your not driving it in Heaven

Den

Video
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQx1Gah_Fc<!-- m -->
    Dennis B.

jaw22w, wandi harry and TagMan like this.
  2. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

Nice car, dude.

3. Doright

Doright

Thanks Ed

4. TERPU

TERPU

Sorry for your loss,

But you done good and I know your Dad is smiling ear to ear. That's one sexy car.

Tim

5. Doright

Doright

6. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

7. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Tim.

Great tribute to your DAD....And guess what he's enjoying this thread more than anyone else right now....He obviously made an impact on your life and it shows in the obvious man you've become...Don't forget , eventhough times are different now and your Dad's in heaven , every day that you do what makes him proud in his heart will make you as proud and more....My prayers to your family for strength and yes the car is excellent! God Bless....

8. Doright

Doright

Thank you for the kind words

9. FTW666

FTW666

very well done. if this doesnt touch your soul,...then you just dont have one. sorry for your loss. you did your father and family very proud.... good job.

10. Doright

Doright

Thanks

11. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

The tribute to your dad is amazing, so is the car. you were both very lucky to have each other.

12. Lost my Dad over forty years ago and I still miss him. He would be one hundred years old this year. We all have a date to keep. Enjoy life, this is not a test.
    Reading between the lines, I think our circumstances are similiar.
    Great car and I am sure he would have loved it. R.I.P

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  13. Doright

Doright

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

I like the car. Great tribute.

15. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Very touching tribute to your dad. My 2 sons and I are very close and I hope I have made the same impression on them as your dad did with you.
    Beautiful car and I know he's seeing it and smiling/

16. Doright

Doright

Thank you ALL very much it means a lot to me

17. 4406

from Oklahoma

Pop's would be proud. Great job.

18. Doright

Doright

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Den ,
    You have built that car very , very well ! Your Dad is smiling from ear to ear telling everyone up there , Look at what my son has done for me ! :D
    He is very proud of what you have done and completed what you both started a long time ago . It's a real shame that you are going to have to sell the car since it was a project you and your Dad we building together . I understand all to well about needing money to pay the bill and so on . Are you really , really sure you have to sell the car or isn't there just another way to get the money you need besides selling the car you tow were going to build together ? I know things are very tough out there today but I really hope you can find another way to help your Mom out besides having to sell the car since it was you and your Dads project ? It just seems to be something that would be really nice to pass along and keep in the family to remember something you and your Dad was going to build together .
    What ever happens I do wish you and your Mom the very best and that things will turn out to be OK in the end so you don't have to sell that beautiful car ! I know your Dad will understand no matter which way it goes . You have to take care of your Mom now the best you can and if you have to sell the car then that's what needs to be done .
    That was a beautiful post about your Dad and the car build !
    Best wishes to you and GOD Bless you and your Mom !

Retro Jim

20. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I lost my dad 20 years ago, but still remember many important life lessons he passed to me. Enjoy your ride.

21. Rich1028

Rich1028

Great tribute to your Dad,and a great car!!
    I bet he is proud of you!

22. That car is Fat all over. :) My Dad would have loved it too.
    :cool:

23. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

great tribute to your Dad,im sure he is watching over you , very nice build , nice car , i lost my father 9 years back and it is hard , your story was very touching , do did all of us and especilly you, your father and family a super job and tribute , god bless you all

24. Doright

Doright

Thank you
    ALL of you

25. Doright

Doright

Thanks Jim

But yes the car is going to be sold
    Who ever gets it is going to get a special car at least in my eyes.
    And I have my memories plus I built the car there's always another like the one my Son and I are building now together.;)

26. Doright

Doright

thanks

How did you link the video like that?

27. Doright

Doright

28. LBCD

LBCD

Great looking 41!

My 10 year old son will be helping me put my 41 Tudor together here in the near future. Thanks for posting this.

29. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Very touching tribute to your dad.

30. Doright

Doright