Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods To chop or not to chop??? 1941 GMC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teamr2r, Mar 1, 2013.

1. teamr2r

teamr2r
    from TN

Can you tell me where to find his "Gambino" video. I have emailed him and looked on youtube. No luck so far.

2. Quote:I'd finish building the rest of the truck, then decide. You might like the overall look without the chop. You could then photoshop chop or just take a picture and use scissors to play with the look. I personally love chops but if you do it and don't like it, its very hard to undo. studeynut. Quote:

X2. Get the rest of the body work situated first, then make the decision if you really think a chop is necessary.
    I have seen a few pages worth of photoshop vehicles on here. A lot of them are Great while others i dont much care for. Just search for em post a pic and let the photoshop techies work their magic. Plus it gives em practice and you will have a multitude of ideas to point you in the right path. Adam

3. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

4. dan31

dan31

I would set your stance first,then decide.Make sure look at it good from a distance not just in the shop.

5. Torchie

Torchie

These style trucks look great if chopped right. Some people favor leaning back the windshield piller instead of stretching the roof. If you like that look that's fine but to do it right involves a lot of reworking of not only the inner part of the piller but part of the cowl as well. If you ever want to get a windshield to fit right you have to remember to keep the pinch weld on the same plane all the way around the inside of the frame.
    I personaly would get it set up on a frame and wheels before cutting anything. Then you can get a look at it. My F-1 has a channel of 6 inches and a chop of four. I like the stance but will have to do some messing with the seats as well as steering wheel placement.

Attached Files:

6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I agree. Get the stance right and sit in it first. You already channeled it, so adding the chop may make it uncomfortable to drive. You need to be able to drive it and for more than 100 miles at a clip.

By the way I VOTE CHOP, but again build the rest first and chop last. Good luck.