Register now to get rid of these ads!

? to anybody using Bob wilsons backing plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MIKE-3137, Sep 4, 2003.

1. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Thinking that before I spend the bucks for new shoes and wheel cylinders for my 40 brakes on the roadster, I might step up to the repos that Wilson makes, either Lincoln or finned backing plates to match my buick drums, Can anybody tell me what the cost is for one of his setups? and are his finned plates for self energizing brakes? I hear he's tough to get on the phone, so I'd at least like to know what the price range is.

2. LIMEY

LIMEY

Try giving Bob a call 972-539-2305 he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever talk to, i guess if he can't make to the phone he's busy & thats a good sign, also his products are first class.
    Finned back plates were about $450 also he does hubs to take the Buick drums....makes the whole job fit nice.
    let me find some pics.

3. DRD57

DRD57

That $450 price got me the backing plates with the shoes, wheel cyls, springs and all the little hardware all assembled and ready to rock. Yeah, they're self energizing.

4. LIMEY

LIMEY

Attached Files:

5. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

a guy in town is finishing up his 32hiboy,should be at cruis'n the coast so you can check them out first hand

6. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Limey posted the number, but Bob usually isn't by the phone during the day. He's priced this stuff as a giveaway and has to work a day job so he can persue making more cool hot rod parts!

Yep, the cast plates run around $450 and the stamped plates ran around $400 last time I looked. And yes, they come with ALL the parts and they're self-energizing. Bob will want to know what drums you're running so he can give you the right shoes (Ford or Buick). By now he's making so many backing plates everyone should find something they like.

And if you ever find yourself North of Dallas, Texas, stop by and see the "Factory". When Bob shows you his 600 square foot machine shop tell him to stop kidding and show you his "real factory". He always gets a kick out it when visitor's jaws drop after seeing his tiny, overwhelmed facilities.

7. Does he have a new hub that works with the buick drum?

I have a friend with his finned backing plate setup on a 32 5window and it looks great.

8. mecutem

mecutem

......heres a shot of the parts assembled. I love em! I bought these backing plates about 2 years ago. I used Wilson backing plates, buick drums and 46-48 hubs. They do stop the car good the look is hard to beat. No regrets here Steve

Attached Files:

9. 201

As per his sales brocher,he has '46-'48 style hubs.bearings and seals also.And pick your bolt pattern,$200.00 for hubs,$100.00 for seals and bearings

10. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Man, that looks so awesome...not bad really if they come loaded with shoes and all. Hmmmm....