Register now to get rid of these ads!

TJJ: Vintage Trailers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Larry T

Larry T

Well, I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff, but I just had to add this to my stable. I think it's probably a Kampmaster. Can anyone help with a little info? Like what year model are the Chevy wheels? Does anyone make repair parts for the hitch?
    Larry T

Attached Files:

2. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I can't help with info, but that looks pretty cool.
    Do you have any more pics of it before/after it was stuffed in the weeds, any inside pics?

3. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

This waz go'n for scrap! Guy gave it to me and even haued it over! Needs work but...whats one more project!
    Pontiac Slim

Attached Files:

4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Nice "scrap", Slim!:cool:
    That looks a lot like the '63 Scotty I have.
    What year is it? Hows the inside?

5. Larry T

Larry T

No more pictures yet, I haven't pulled it out of the weeds. I'm gonna try to do that this weekend. I bought it from a friend of mine (who runs a wrecking yard) that got it about 15 years ago. It had been sitting for a long time when he drug it in. I'll take more pictures when I get it to the shop. I'll probably try to fix the hitch, do the wheel bearings, powdercoat the wheels and put tires on it. Then I'll clean it up and see what I've got.
    Here's what it's supposed to look like.
    Larry T

Attached Files:

6. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Very cool!:cool:
    How tall is it when it's closed up like in your first picture?

7. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

If you look at pic you'll see the snow etc...Have'nt had it very long & only gave it a quick once over. I think the biggest thing it needs is a good cleaning (inside) and a new roof vent but floors are rock solid. Didn't even look @ tag yet so have no idea as to year. I have another Scotty that I use for rod runs(pic on this post someplace) and this one is older.
    I'm sure when I start look'n it over I'll find issues someplace or other. You know how that goes..
    Pontiac Slim

8. Larry T

Larry T

It's a LOT bigger than a regular teardrop. It's about 5' tall and 6' wide. The sleeping area is crossways in the front and it has a kitchen in the rear.
    Larry T

9. 1lowbuckrodder

1lowbuckrodder

:Dour 48 greyhound is in the left backround, and the 60 caddabaggo is in the backround on the right,, should have kept them both

Attached Files:

10. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I dig it all. bitchin' greyhound!

11. alicia-dusty

alicia-dusty

We have a 1960 airstream pacer and I tried all kinds of polishs and finally settled on MOTHERS POLISH. It worked great and lasted 3 years AND it sat outside the whole time. It's cheap and available. Used a 10" RANDOM ORBIT polisher with sponge rubber so you don't get swirl marks when the sun is just right. A small area at a time GOOD LUCK!

12. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Id like to take my 13' 1947 Aluminum Aircraft Co. built in Glendale Ca. and turn it into a fifth wheel hitch trailer... I got under it the other day and it is in need of a new frame anyway so this might be the perfect time. Id like to give it a old time look, maybe an curved I beam or something with giant rivets for looks. Any ideas? The plan is to pull it with the COE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Man, I love following this thread.
    You guys have some REALLY NICE trailers!
    Wife and I are hoping to find a nice old trailer. We've been looking for the last couple of months, but nothing yet nearby.
    We're looking for a trailer that doesn't need alot of work.....maybe just some fixing up the inside.
    Hoping to sell/trade my Trump to up the budget.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  14. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

metaltwister, that trailer is way bitchin' as is. so is that COE. nice!

15. TexasDart

TexasDart

Maybe you should just mount the trailer on the back of the COE....vintage toter home.

16. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

That trailer is just so cool and seems all there. As history passes, it will never become lame and out of style. Only cooler. If you can fix it without modifying it, (too much) I don't think that you will regret it later. A vintage fifth wheel behind the COE, would be a different story.
    If you ever want to sell that trailer, PM me.

17. 41woodie

41woodie

I like the idea of mounting it on the COE, wings and all. If done right it would be a killer. Might try photoshopping it first to see but the picture in my mind would stop traffic.

18. Heres a picture of my brothers set-up. It has changed abit since this picture.

[​IMG]

Not a vintage by no means but heres a shot of my set-up.

[​IMG]

19. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I would definitely look, and in all likelihood, would even do a U-turn if I saw that! The photo shopping idea is a good call. If you do that, please post the picture, as I am now intrigued. You have the raw materials in your possession for something and mega-bitchin and original...
    hmmmmmm.....

20. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

any photos of the changes?

21. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Here's my '59 Scotty. The previous owner had painted it yellow and silver, with a hideous interior. I left the silver, but sprayed the blue over the yellow to cover it up, and just got the interior finished over this past weekend. I still need to do all the wiring and build a new water tank, but it's useable as it is.

Pictures are before and after.

Attached Files:

22. I will try and get a picture. I know he has made a new door, new tongue(extended for a bike rack), A/C, whitewalls, "OLIVER" hubcaps. The cool thing is the bike rack can be taken off and slide in the hitch on the wagon.

23. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I love the tail lights !

24. Heres all I have for now.

[​IMG]

25. jguff

jguff

48 Modernaire 012.jpg
    Here is a pic of my 1948 Modernaire teardrop trailer. Bought as pretty much a basket case but now it is roadworthy and I have camped in it.

Jerome

26. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

nice...
    anyone know of a good source for vintage towing mirrors? or even some close up pics, so i can make some...
    peace

27. Kanadia Kev

Kanadia Kev

I spent a few nights in the little one by the red gas pump!

28. Joe King

Joe King

1952 Terry with a 65 Chevy van.
    [​IMG]
    I know I got better pics somewhere

29. Scott76

Scott76

Heres one for you guys! I been looking for a Scotty for sometime and fell into a '69 Fleetwing and decided to do a total rebuild it to stock. I took it down to metal frame and sandblasted it. This weekend will be a 4 day work weekend. I'm hoping to have it done in about 2 months and camping in it by fall. Here are some pics and the build thread for the camper.
    http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26104

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

scott 76, nice job man!
    cool build thread!