Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Title woes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Splinter, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splinter

Splinter

Hi all,
    I've been working on getting my '29 model A Pickup ready for the road and I have run into a very complex title issue. The title I got with the vehicle is from the late 90's and the owner stated on it is the person that the previous owner got it from. I have no bill of sale for the vehicle. The car has a CA issued vin tag on it, but since purchasing it I have given it a new frame built from scratch by another hamber and gotten rid of the old banger motor. It now has a 401 Buick sitting between the rails. When queried, the DMV states that the title has been surrendered in Wyoming. I can only guess that my title was stolen to register a car with a similar issue. Is there a LEGAL way to register/prove that the vehicle is mine? I did a forum search prior to posting and was not able to find someone else with such a screwed up situation. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry but this is a legal issue and what ever anyone posts will be a suggestion or guess.

Discuss with a lawyer and your DMV.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.