Register now to get rid of these ads!

History title help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod316, Dec 19, 2014.

1. hotrod316

hotrod316
    from ohio

does any one know where i can get (to use in court) than 1934 fords vin numbers were stamp on the frame and not on the body, trying show ownership is to the frame not the body
    thanks for your help

2. 34 fords were not numbered on the body, frame only.

I am not sure what you are asking though and posting 3 times doesn't make it work any faster.

3. alchemy

alchemy

Every state DMV in the country has access to information on the location of the stamped VINs. They know where the info is supposed to be (and where it's NOT supposed to be). Call a DMV title worker as a witness in your court case.

4. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Find location it's supposed to be clean it off and use acid to bring numbers back. If you are trying to stamp one yourself someone on fordbarn had stamps for sale that I saw yesterday

5. Probably not a good idea to stamp your own numbers.

6. mj40's

mj40's

7. txturbo

txturbo

you can stamp them...as long as they are the correct ones and you aren't trying to change them.

8. Actually the '34 and many other Fords in that era had body numbers for bodies built for Ford by subcontractors. The numbers were used to keep track of the bodies. Ford built bodies were not numbered. These numbers were not intended to be used for registration (then or now) and bear no relation to the serial number of the vehicle.

Charlie Stephens

9. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

In my experience in CT, they didn't have any idea where to find the number on the chassis for my '35 pickup. Claimed they didn't have a book to tell them either. Thankfully I could show them the marks on the frame by the steering box.

10. hotrod316

hotrod316
    from ohio

thanks to all, even the one that just don't get it
    now in the hands of the courts
    again thanks
    steve m