Register now to get rid of these ads!

Title ? for Wis. guys.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrenchbender54, Nov 18, 2006.

1. I just picked up an early Chevy p/u cab. The VIN is stamped on a tag on the cowl. In the state of Wisconsin, how much b/s do you have to go through to apply for a lost title? Any suggestions?

2. AKA Kustoms

AKA Kustoms
    from Racine, WI

You can apply for a lost title only if the vehicle was titled in your name before. Here is a link to the Wisconsin DMV website...

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/vehicles/title/replace.htm

I had an old Ford truck that I bought local with no title, I went through Broadway Title and got it done for $100, it was quick and easy.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Apply for a storage lein. The DMV will make you send a certified letter to the last registered owner, and if it comes back undeliverable you get a title. Most likely they will have no record of the previous owner and you'll win by default.

4. bob-n

bob-n

I'm going to be going through a similar deal, how long did it take through Broadway? I'm looking at picking up a Wayfarer from GA with no title, but want to be a driver by the time the snow is gone. Any other ideas or sugestions?

Thanks in advance...

5. Gerg

Gerg

I heard broadway can't do wisconsin right now i am in the same boat with my 53 i bought it a couple of years ago and have long since lost the info of the guy i bought it from..... not sure what i am going to do yet. back to the classifieds to look for some "historical documents"

6. AKA Kustoms

AKA Kustoms
    from Racine, WI

Broadway was quick, maybe 3 weeks total, but this was a few years ago.
    I just checked their website, its $149 now.
    They still do Wi.

7. I used Broadway Title, and they turned it around in a week. For a few dollars more, they even Fed-Exed it to me at work.

8. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

You can't beat Broadway for the price...... filing a lien isn't much less altogether ($90), and Madison is 60-90 days behind right now on all red tape, above the usual time for anything, as they installed a new computer system earlier this year and it keeps crashing.....

I am still waiting on a lien from August for a car, not to mention my drivers license reinstatement......

My buddy used Broadway a few months ago for his GTO and had it legal within two weeks time, fwiw........

9. bob-n

bob-n

Cool. Looks like the last excuse is done. Thanks for the info.
    Now I'm probably going to buy that thing, which will cause my divorce.
    But I'll look cool as hell cruising it.
    Alone.

10. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Sounds like you have your priority's straight.

B:cool:B

11. Check to the wis laws.... i can register it down here, see if wis will let you title it if it has current registration, just no title because it isn't required here???? just a thought....pm heading your way...

12. dmarsich

dmarsich
    from Wisconsin

I just posted to your other thread telling you I am from wisconsin and have a 32 & 33 chevy trucks. What I didn't post was that I have the titles for both. I didn't know you needed one.

13. PM sent