Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 'Tis the season.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ccain, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Happy Holidays, everyone!!!

Let's kick things off right by posting up pics of our rides haulin' holiday cheer, decked out, or just hangin' out somewhere festive... or whatever.

All I want for Christmas is some kickass pics. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Randall, brEad, PoTaToTrUcK and 23 others like this.
  2. Ho! Ho! Ho!

Merry Christmas,Seasons Greetings,Feliz Navidad,Happy Hanukkah,Happy Ramadan & Kwanzaa.

Get your Southern Redneck Merry's from the Berry's! :D Where else are you gonna find a wide white wall tire with a moon disc hanging in a tree?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Just Gary, brEad, brad2v and 15 others like this.
  3. Merry Christmas is the proper greeting.Thanks HRP festive foto.

bob b., raven, belair and 7 others like this.
  4. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

5. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

KIMG6185.JPG KIMG1739.JPG

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HHC2017d.JPG

:rolleyes:...a digital Stogyism featuring Santa preparing to have a race in Stogy's Hotrod against a Lead Sled...with both reving and exhausting Shiny Balls to be hung on Christmas Trees Everywhere...

He always enjoys watching the Christmas Tree cycle down to Green to get on his way to tend to Chimney duty

Credit to Photographer's, Artist's, Owner's

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    brEad, Jet96, chryslerfan55 and 16 others like this.
  7. Happy Holidays everyone.:) 20161209_200455 (1).jpg

HOTRODPRIMER, DC40, Jet96 and 17 others like this.
  8. loudbang

loudbang

MERRY CHRISTMAS Is the correct term. I have been it using for 65 years and not going to change now. :)

9. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

10. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

12. Hope the Jolly Elf treats you well.......... 15578573_1139806882734114_6091286706061412237_n (1).jpg

13. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Merry Christmas
    May have too HO HO Ho with my Son's rod this year for this big show,will be on the 14th South Miami. My own rod lost oil PSI, 1 mile from house,this last weekend coming home from a long day of running around. I'll look into my Y-blockV8 latter. ChristmasMiamiSpringsShow1.jpg

Jet96, BigO, chryslerfan55 and 12 others like this.
  14. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HAPPY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS! (Old shot, before the Earth warmed!?) 11718E50-08AD-46BB-A8C1-AA464A5D7497.jpeg

15. My daughter decorated it for me.

Christmas time.jpg

16. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

Here is my '53 that I sold for the Hallmark Evergreen Christmas series of movies. DSCF6938 (003).jpg Christmas in Evergreen .jpg Pickup.jpg

17. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

20191207_174517.jpg not a pic of my ride, but mine does look a lot like that pile of parts under the "tree".

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Couple of pictures from next door of my
    Place.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Jet96, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  19. jnaki

jnaki

Hey C,
    Nice truck that fits right into the Christmas holiday's standard color of RED. Red truck and green tree...what a traditional scene that makes one feel the spirit in the air. The rainy, So Cal cold weather also tells us that it is that time of the year, again.

The air is crisp and cool, the weather plays games with our minds…cold, warm, sunny, rainy, some snow, but probably hail…etc. Every year as little kids, we grew up thinking Christmas was a big deal all over, except for our little government rented trailer in Long Beach, on the east side of the LA River. The whole area was industrial and this portion was a government sponsored trailer park on the edges of the PCH highway.

The time for us little kids was magical, as the whole area was our playground. No borders or boundaries. I guess our parents thought (like everyone else’s parents) that the neighborhood was safe for little kids to walk, ride, or run around and have fun.

One of the things to do during these winter months is to see Christmas lights in Long Beach. So, we hopped in my dad’s 1941 Buick Fastback and drove around looking for some Christmas lights displays. After the big local lights/decoration displays, just a block down PCH 101, we usually ended up on Pine Avenue in downtown Long Beach.

One of the big events from the late 40s and throughout the 60’s was the annual Xmas lights strung out over the whole street, creating a spectacular tunnel of a lit up street. Families came out in droves every year to see these lights, PJs and all.

Pine Avenue is a street in Eastern side of the LB Freeway in Long Beach, that runs from the area currently near the Memorial Hospital all the way to the crossing street, Ocean Blvd, in the downtown area and the oceanfront. Starting around 4th Street, every year, the downtown portion was decorated with full street wide, huge green garlands and decorations. When they were lit up with those huge C-9 bulbs for a very colorful, bright display.

Sometimes, there were decorations on the light poles themselves, so the downtown area looked like a winter scene with decorations and lots of color. It was 4+ city blocks full of decorated windows and the city sponsored giant garlands strung on every street corner and alley ways that crossed Pine Avenue.
    upload_2019-12-8_4-1-40.png
    At first, the back window of the 41 Buick Fastback was sloped, making it hard for both brothers to get up there to see the overhead light displays as we drove underneath them. It looked like a double, triple and quadruple reflection of lights that looked like a giant, tunnel drive, several blocks long. Pine Avenue was an endless drive of Christmas color and feeling.

As little kids, we looked up and out of the back window of my dad’s 41 Buick Fastback and then the 1949 big, Buick Roadmaster at the sights. When it was not too cold, we were able to stick ourselves out of our own windows to “get closer” to the winter color and decorations.

Jnaki

Recently, when the Alamitos Bay, Floating Christmas Tree Lights came on, it was the 70th time that the display wowed the locals and visitors. In our pre-driving years, our dad had to make the extra 7 mile drive to see the water floats in their “lit up” amazing color and beauty. It was part of our annual Christmas traditions. During our teenage driving days, it was the center of the hot rod cruising and dating scenarios. Impressive, it was and it always scored many points with our dates.
    upload_2019-12-8_4-2-18.png
    A long standing Christmas holiday tradition in So Cal.

Add this downtown/bay cruising scene with the colorful lights of the canals of the nearby Naples homes and that is/was a trifecta of sorts. These days, anyone can see the lights on the Alamitos Bay and Naples Canals riding in an old, Venice, Italy style gondola.

WARNING: Bundle up, as the water accentuates the cold air, while moving at a snail’s pace getting to the destination.

Happy Holidays !

20. prpmmp

prpmmp

'Tis the Season meaning(IMHO) is the time of year(and all year) that everyone is included!! Race, Creed and Color!! Enjoy!! Life is to short to be picky on terms! Pete

Deuces, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  21. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

image.jpeg Merry Christmas!

brEad, Jigger, 210superair and 18 others like this.
  22. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I would love to see that truck cause it looks so cool but I would rather pack my behind with M-80s and sit on an open flame than sit through one of those Hallmark Christmas movies.

23. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

24. Okay, that engine made out of snow is just "cool"!

25. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

I have had to sit through three of them. Friends don't let friends suffer like that.
    At least I have a Christmas Tree ornament of my truck.

Deuces, chryslerfan55, brad2v and 4 others like this.
  26. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

27. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's why we have garages. So we DON'T have to sit through all those Hallmark movies;)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  28. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

We just watched all three of those movies this week! Your truck and BBY Village really made us get into the spirit. Your truck is beautiful! Must have been hard to sell? Are they doing any more? And is that Hallmark decoration available?

29. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

30. ramblin dan

ramblin dan