Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tired of Model A Mechanical Brakes...Time to Update to 1946!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 340HilbornDuster, Jan 7, 2016.

1. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. I had my shoes relined locally and arced to the drum. Wheel cylinders are Raybestos bought on rockauto.com I am using a 1968 drum/drum mustang master cylinder mounted on the passenger side under the floor. It uses the stock linkage and crossbar to actuate it and a custom mount to mount it to the stock crossmember. You'll have to look at my build thread for pictures.

3. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BUMP.

Questions:
    2. What's a good Dual Circuit Master Cylinder for these?
    3. Any pictures of setups? (Behind Battery Box / Passenger side using the original cross bar.)?

Mahalo
    Tommy

4. bct

bct

5. If I was going to attack your project I would begin by checking out the heavy duty battery box that incorporate a master cylinder mount. Be warned that I have read some of the manufacturers use metal that is too thin and they flex. You could either find who makes a good one or use the design to build one of your own. Try posting your question on fordbarn.com.

Charlie Stephens

6. Check out the monthly banger meet, right here on the HAMB