Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tired of homogenized hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onekoolkat1950, Dec 24, 2015.

1. mimi31

mimi31
    from Birmingham

Classified wants

2. :D
    I'm surprised the gal ain't chromed. Everything else is! So fine.

Stogy likes this.
  3. verde742

verde742

Pretty sure her under-wire bra is chrome , or stainless. Check with yer Gramma

And , HEY, tell her Bob Said: HI !!!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    Hollywood-East and Spoggie like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ben all good points the only thing I would add is its not necessarily about getting the car to behave like a street rod as many of these things we do are purely cosmetic in nature. But yes the modifications encompass all areas be it mechanical or not and many can improve ride or performance.

This group of individuals here me included come from all different walks and bring multitudes of skills and ways of thinking to the plate much as the forefather/mothers of the past did.

Front wheel drive hmmm (The Cord, The Model 810/812 are probably the best-known of the company's products. Styled by Gordon M. Buehrig, they featured front-wheel drive and independent front suspension;[4] the front drive enabled the 810 to be so low, running-boards were unnecessary) It would be off the wall yes but fitting the mold of the theme here. You posed the question the net provides the answer. I was thinking Toranado.

I also think many things people did to their cars ended up on the assembly lines at many big car companies but that is a little away from the theme. Imagine how many people lost out on big profits from their ideas gleaned. It also went the other way around to. At least they were having fun in their Hotrods.

BenLeBlanc likes this.
  5. isn't it funny that, i bet i know more people that work with wood, or have access to wood working tools and the cars were rarely fixed/patched.

verde742 likes this.
  6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Looks like that warm and fuzzy Christmas spirit is fading fast, eh Danny?:D Well, not around here its not, I'm gonna at least hang on to it till New Years. Better add a non-homo hot rod to this post, or they'll be bitching at me too...:rolleyes: The way the Hamb is, I guess that means anything other than another black highboy with big ol ugly headlights...:p
    1EBF1485-C66B-44FA-BC79-FA3D549CA570_zpsw32tdrrq.jpg

1886BC9B-F687-4F6E-BAF6-3D923F412E66_zpsdby84tb3.jpg

156.jpg

4b_3vi-vi.jpg

7. slammed

slammed

IMG_4463.JPG IMG_4478.JPG IMG_4830.JPG Old georgie loves to bash the HAMB at every turn...These pix are from the 16th Cheaterama in Milwaukee WI.

8. slammed

slammed

IMG_4485_2.JPG IMG_4487.JPG IMG_4807.JPG IMG_4399.JPG Cheaterama cont...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some more

12049673_931593736920858_6845677649781318270_n.jpg

1934FordCoupeHotRodatElMirragecirca.jpg

sketch.jpg

XP6160276_JPG.jpg

DSCF1171.jpg

jimainglewood38s8da-vi.jpg

theBUG2.jpg

ShoppersSmaller.jpg

So-cal-plating-1935-ford-phaeton2.jpg

MMS1.jpg

Compliments again to owners, builders, artists, photographers for your artistry

OLLIN, ratrodrodder, pbr40 and 6 others like this.
  10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What's a homo hot rod?

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Oh no, not this guy, I aint going there!

12. verde742

verde742

In this case, it means "one and the same" or "similar"

13. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Creativity has become lost as too many people have feared to venture away from the norm, how many old rods and customs have been pulled out of barns and people say they have ugly modifications. Those ugly modifications or unusual drive trains were what some people did back then.

14. slammed

slammed

IMG_4405.JPG I see a constant jab, yet no production of a ride by one. It is far too easy to be critical & cynical (old age is a bitch) than to suck in that gut and get something on the road/board that fits that critique.

Spoggie and Blues4U like this.
  15. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

You and I have both talked to length on other threads about how sad it is, nobody dare to keep it sp era perfect, a channel 32 being build today I'd more rare then a stripper with here own tits.
    I would go as far as saying 1 in a million.
    Or the use of spring in front front and spring behind rear, bobbed rear fenders and/or bike fenders In front things like that ain't popular anymore:(.
    But I sure wish they have a revivel, and show me just one link to on single thread on here who added those features on a non-survivor.

And this wasent an attempt to bash anyone.
    I partially gets HRPs point, but some of the truck grills look good, and the grill that @onekoolkat1950 used I like a a lot

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    ratrodrodder, brad2v and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

17. Lucky, I had the South Butler Drag Strip reunion issue of Mag-Neto.

It had your name printed.

18. All of us east coasters on this thread, and we forgot the Bannister Bros.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. verde742

verde742

AND ON THE WEST COAST WE ARE TRYIN' TO UN-SEE THEM THERE THINGS.

20. 38mag

38mag

21. I am not looking for an argument, however 39 Ford truck grills are a large part of East Coast history.

Just as the Doane Spencer, and Bob Mcgee roadster are a big part of West Coast history.

Two cars that do nothing for me, however I see them as history and I would never bash them.

verde742, Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  22. 087a94f64237429299f7c76ae8c3b83f.jpg
    I remember this episode where hipster Jethro thought the ol' Clampet truck was whack. Jethro tried to change the ol' truck pissin' off Jed and Granny. So, Jethro had this built and challenged against the ol' truck in a race. Granny put moonshine in the ol' truck and beat Jethro. Classic.

23. Pete

Pete

Ouch!!!

verde742 and Stogy like this.
  24. Pete

Pete

25. Past transgressions. HRP

[​IMG]

whtbaron, falcongeorge and Hackerbilt like this.
  26. Pete

Pete

pure bad ass all American hot rod! image.jpeg

27. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I like what you bring to the table! East cost builds a very appealing to me.
    And the truck grill looks better with a hood.
    Like the Fran Bannister rod you posted.

The race car is by no means pretty. But If it's fast, it's good enough to me. A racecar don't need to be beautiful. Only streamliners are the only one that is fast and beautiful.
    A dry lake racer always balances between practical, pretty and fast.

I like that.
    But everybody knows I'm weird. ;)

The blue one has a good storie to it.

Attached Files:

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Couple more of that one...and I would like
    to add I'm not sick of traditional or traditional inspired motive power whatever it may be.

IMG_0840_JPG.jpg

PICT0638.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/32-chevy-302-gmc-6-done.258189/

and some more

popup-006_robsnot.jpg

Timebomb_John.jpg

edumnds_zps3d46d5e8.jpg

IMG_0612Medium.jpg

8238283608_a5ffd7887c_c.jpg

This pic below falls into what HRP and several others were/are saying as one could argue this is homogonized and well its really awesome at that (this stuff really makes me want to go back in time). Surely all the other so called orphans and equally unique other vehicles are there too (just not in the picture). I think with the events of today there are so many vehicles that really don't fit the premise of Traditional or Traditional inspired or Custom (and thats okay). We live in modern times. Its a free world and people can do as they like. It is not right for me or anyone else to chastise one for what one does even if I/we don't like it unless asked for an opinion and hell I might have only good things to say. Our hobby is composed of many genres or specific categories. The catch 22 here is The HAMB has specific guidelines and I believe the majority of the membership gets it. Thanks to the HAMB leadership this is not an easy show to run but you're doing a damn good job.

hrdp_1012_02_o1929_model_a_roadsterscta_meet_1947.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    mkebaird, Six Ball, Satyr and 5 others like this.
  29. Pete

Pete

I recall reading that Bob Rountwaites coupe's nose was made from late 30's front fenders...

Stogy likes this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pete this fellow was a Hotrodder in his younger years and did it all and this was what he was working on in his senior years and still lovin it. Hope he is still boppin.

mkebaird likes this.