Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tired of homogenized hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onekoolkat1950, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Rj27buick

Rj27buick

image.jpeg
    I truly appreciate all the real artisans on this site and have learned so much. My first build - still a work in progress but on the road! Ford straight six, s10 rear, all original wood wrapped with original skin. A little different and fun to drive. 1927 Buick

Fedman, deadbeat, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  2. I went back and looked at the picture again. I didn't notice the doors weren't on it. I'm pretty sure it had the doors on it, and the bottom of the body was also there. The car isn't sectioned. The body line was metal finished out. I can't remember now if it had a hood and grille on it. For some reason I think it had a narrowed 37 Ford truck grille. 20 years ago was a long time to remember all the details. I do know that they had a VW show and swapmeet at their place, and I saw the car through the fence. It took a little convincing, but I talked them into letting myself, and a few buddies that are into old traditional Hotrods in to see it. That's when I was told the story. I then heard not to long ago that it was being worked on.

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These are great details...thanks Fat I see the body line missing and the framework on the lower section now clarifying no section just a channel.
    I am surprised that as snaphappy as we all are that there is only one pic so far to be seen. This happens a lot one pic wonders. In the case of this one its a thought provoker.
    Just removing the body line is a huge undertaking. I want to see more.
    Did they have a Hotrod in mind or a Custom?
    Very interesting story unfolding here. Grrreat Stuff...;)

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. This is what you do when you can't find those hard to get "T" doors.

Jet96, patmanta, brad2v and 1 other person like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OLLIN, AHotRod, exterminator and 3 others like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OLLIN, wicarnut, exterminator and 3 others like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool shots Rat...the center one speaks the danger of the sport back then and it makes my gut sink as the driver of that may not have made it...sad.
    It was all fun with a ton of danger mixed in with it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  9. slv63

slv63

deadbeat, Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  10. FB_IMG_1472492843618.jpg

ratamahata

Phillips likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That one fine set of interesting 4 wheeled nostalgia Ratamahata. Your diggen up some treasures. Yippee. Wow an Auburn dirt racer...and 35 and 36 Ford roadsters...too much...Thanks Mang...;)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say say thats standing outside the box...or is that bigmans meccano set gone wild...:rolleyes:

13. Had some rivets on it!

ratamahata

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually looking at the really old T's they were quite boxy and yes rivets are good...

15. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Derilict share or put your build thread link in your post under your pic of your ride. Interesting Hotrod by the way. Congrats on getting it going have fun...

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Slv that is quite the unusual machine...love the vintage stuff. Very inspirational. Great stuff...:rolleyes:

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. What about this! Very clean and steel top?

FB_IMG_1472558205882.jpg

ratamahata

volvobrynk and Stogy like this.
  19. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

Thanks Stogy, ratamahata, and all you other guys that posted. This reminds me of being a teenager and guys just building with whatever they could get their hands on. I'm glad to see that's still alive and well!

Stogy likes this.
  20. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I posted it a couple of posts ago...parked at the Mart that modifies roofs...:)...the top is riveted aluminum and the car sports many period and period inspired touches. It was a build on the Hamb a while back. I am now caretaker. 0_20160829_193206.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. Sweet! Love the color

Ain't a Rat lover!

Stogy likes this.
  23. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I disagree about sectioned vs channeled. Compare these two pictures:
    FB_IMG_1468764629941.jpeg 34-3Wb.JPG
    Note particularly the depth of the body from the belt line to the running board. I agree that it's channeled, but the height of the door says that it's sectioned too.

greaser_Paul27 and exterminator like this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

50 look real closely you can see full height body framework extending below the frame...

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Ratamah none of us here are Rat lovers. If we were we would and should be elsewhere...;) Now that thats off my chest...the color really suits the aviation inspired theme. When the car was up for sale the story of it was an airman came back from the war and bought himself an old car and made a hotrod...I like that. Glad you like it...rough edges and all.

ratamahata likes this.
  26. Yeah I know! The prohibited word! It's my signature!

Ain't a Rat lover!

Stogy likes this.