Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tire Size Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dyoung, Mar 8, 2011.

1. dyoung

dyoung
    from Goliad, TX

I just bought a set of 14x7 cragars for my econoline and need a little tire help. I was wanting to use some 205/75s on the front mainly because I already have a set laying around. Does anyone have a picture of a 205/75r14 on a 14x7 wheel. I know that they will fit I'm just not sure what those little tires would look like on a wheel that wide. Any help would be great.

2. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

watch out with the width .if your econo has the early falcon front end as the tyres might rub on the upper control arms

3. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

That tire is a little small for that rim.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

early US Econolines have beam axles, not IFS and the next gen had twin "I" beam.......

Ray

5. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

Thanks Ray.i have'nt seen the underside of one of these but thought that since there was a lot of early falcon stuff on them that they might have had the same front end . I learn something each time I get on the hamb

6. dyoung

dyoung
    from Goliad, TX

Does anyone have pics of a 205/75r14 on a 7" wide wheel. I'm trying to avoid the cost of having them mounted just to see for myself.

7. First thing to do is to call your tire dealer and have him look up that tire in his spec book. All manufacturers specify what width rim can be used safely with their tires. It has been too many years for me to remember acurately but I think a 20575 is limited to a 5-6 inch rim. We were not allowed at our store to deviate from the spec for fear of injury and legal issues.

8. LongT

LongT

9. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

I've got 205's on 5 1/2" rims and think they're a little too small