Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tire size--49-52 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled51, May 13, 2004.

1. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

What size tire did you 49-52 Chevy guys use? I just bought some coker bias ply F78-14's. I had some radials on it, 205/75R14. The cross reference chart says to use the F78's, but they sure are looking bigger and bigger. What did you use, and do you have a pic of your ride, so I can see what they look like? Thanks

2. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Mine's got some big ol' 15" bias plys out back, and stock sized bias 15" tires up front.

The rears go back to RocketJ2 for one of his evil, twisted projects, and I plan to replace the current rolling stock with probably F70-15s if I can find a cool, 70s vintage raised white letter tire in that size.

(Formula 1 Super Stocks would RULE on Camaro rallys! [​IMG])

Attached Files:

3. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Hey Fat, how did you do such a good job with that "fake" patina? It really looks like the car is actually old!! [​IMG] By the way, the ignition switch you sent me works great! Thanks!

4. They're 6.70X15's. $88 or so from Coker. Blackwalls.

Jay

5. Slide

Slide

I can't verify the x-reference, but if you were running narrow whites or blackwalls, and now have www's on your bias plys, the tires WILL look bigger, even if they measure the same. I have always thought that the wheels/tires on my car looked kinda small anyway, but I Photoshopped in some www's and it looked a lot better.

You probably don't want to hear this, but Iam happily running radials. In case anyone else iswondering, I am running 205/70/15s on the front, and 225/70/15s out back.

Attached Files:

6. blue52

blue52

7. I used 285-70R15's on the back of mine and 155-70R14 on the front. I hadda use a 56.5" rear axle, vs the stock 60" axle and compensated for the short axle with offset wheels. 15X8.5" Americans with 1.5" offset and I STILL had to "clearance" the inner wheelwells with a BFH, remove almost all the outer wheelwell lip with a die grinder and a zippy wheel and the tires still rubbed on accleration.
    The first photo is with 14X6" front wheels with zero offset. They never rubbed........next photo is with 14X6 front wheels having an inch offset.. They never rubbed either.

Attached Files:

8. the offset front wheels...

Attached Files: