Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tire Order:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irish Dan, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

After waiting 8 weeks for my 215/75/15 wide white Coker Classics, I cancelled the order, ordered a set of BFG radial wide whites the same size from Diamondback;,,,received them as promised within 10 days;...9 days to be exact.....AND saved money in the process! That was MY experience: YOU decide!

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Did Coker tell you they were in stock when you ordered them, and if not, what exactly were you being told during that 8 week period?

Don

3. Master of None

Master of None

+1 I have had nothing but good luck with Coker tire. In fact, they just straitened out a order I placed for tires for a Cadillac. Instead of waiting on a pair of tires on back order; they allowed me to switch sizes to ones they had in stock for the same price as I paid for the original order. Good people in my book.

4. 4t7flat

4t7flat

The Coker tires were probably coming from Brazil,and the Diamondbacks were made to your order,right here in the USA. I own four sets of Diamond backs,with no problems. My Cokers were junk,and no satisfaction from Coker,for replacement.

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have had dozens if not more transactions with Coker and top notch on service and replacement.....Hecter at Coker in Fresno is the coolest guy to deal with.....well in my case he is my friend and Coker warehouse is my neighber?

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Our experience with Coker has always been just like Royalshifter's and Master of None's. We have bought from them for over 30 years and every transaction has been first rate. One time we got a rim that was bent right out of the box and they immediately sent us a new one with no questions asked.

I think if you search Coker on here you will find hundreds of testimonials like this. You may have had a bad experience, not discounting that, but every company has this happen from time to time.

Don

7. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Been very happy with Diamondbacks.

8. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

More info regarding the Coker order: BTW, I've ordered Cokers in the past and had no problem with the tires themsleves or the delivery time. THIS time I was told they were on BACKORDER;...over & over again. Long story short, I got tired of calling & waiting;....period!

9. Kramer

Kramer

So really there was no reason for this post. You were told they were on backorder, you finally got tired of waiting and ordered somewhere else. Not a reason to complain about a company. IMHO

10. I have to agree with Kramer on this one... You were told they were on backorder... Why post something negative...

11. henry29

henry29

I couldn't find where it says he was told they were on back order.

12. Read post # 8.

13. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Delete this thread you whiner!

14. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I think it was fate telling you to get bias plys :)

15. Jess H

Jess H

Sorry we couldn't fulfill your order Irish Dan.

And you are right, we are back ordered on the Coker Classic 215/75R15 whitewalls, sometimes we just can’t keep up with demand.

What we should have done is offered Irish Dan our American Classic or BFG Silvertown radial at the same price as the Coker, but obviously our rep didn’t think to do that.

Also, the just for the record, as I like to squish false information, the Coker Classic radial is built in Mexico at a Michelin licensed plant, NOT in Brazil.

If you guys aren't getting the help you need, shoot me a PM and I'll look into it.

Thanks all,

Jess Hoodenpyle
    Vice President - Sales and Customer Service
    Coker Tire Company
    1317 Chestnut Street
    Chattanooga, TN 37402
    Toll Free: 1-800-251-6336
    www.Cokertire.com

16. 117harv

117harv

That's class^^^^^, thanks for coming on and setting the record straight.

17. cederholm

cederholm

x2!

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We Americans are spoiled, just so used to walking into any store and finding endless supplies of whatever we want just sitting there. Those days are over and every company is watching their inventory more closely. Just today I called 3 places looking for tires for my daily driver and all of them are out of stock temporarily. It is just the way things are nowadays.

I think the OP jumped the gun on posting this as it wasn't like Coker was dancing him around, they were being honest with him. That is the way they have always been with me and with lots of others on here evidently.

Don

19. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

Everytime i see a thread bashing Coker it gets a response from someone from Coker. I've never seen another company stand up and offer solutions and even take blame if needed like they do. I can assure you the next set of tires i buy will come from them.

20. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

just made a purchase last week from Coker. Fantastic service. I wish some of the other companies I deal with could be half as good. Jim

21. I get my tires from a farm coop in nebraska. :rolleyes:

22. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Re Post 15. I do not think you could ask for more from any company.

To the original poster you were told they were on B/O and that was your decision time. I do not get the point of this thread. Nobody lied, nobody got taken, nobody took away your right to buy from someone else.

23. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Thats some funny shit :D