Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tips needed for fitting new running board rubbers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemi35, Mar 30, 2009.

1. hemi35

hemi35
    from Australia

I am about to fit new rubbers to my 35 3w running boards and need a few pointers from the guys who have done this many times before! I have sandblasted the running boards all over & then primed them. All help welcome as I dont wont to goof this up!:)

2. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

The last few I have done, I had them powder coated after blasting, then glued the covers on with windshield urethane. They Still look good with the oldest ones done 6 years ago.

3. 38zephyr

38zephyr

I just did my 36's , prepped them real nice , got the covers from Vintique , Test fit them and they were perfect , came with contact cement . Followed the simple instructions , held them on with clamps until they set up a bit and they came out beautiful . Pretty easy deal even for a no talent like me ! If the covers didn't fit as well as they did , I could see it being tough to make look nice though . Good luck !!

4. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Any marks dents etc will show thru the covers. Do all body work on the bare boards prior to installing the covers.The better they look bare the better they will look covered. Use a thin layer of glue ,again any lumps etc. will show.

5. BELLM

BELLM

Don't leave them in primer, paint them. Also follow the directions that come with the covers. I dreaded doing my old '32 but wasn't that bad.