Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tinted windsheild material...plexi glass?? what where and how much...pro' s ....cons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Looking at the options on getting some tinted window material for.Lil Beast...it had the remnants or the old light blue windsheild from it s past drag car days hangin under the screws that held it in...been thinking about going this route for autorama...don t want it for street drivin...mark

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. BLACKIE HARVELLE

BLACKIE HARVELLE

I would check state laws before id do the front windsheild but like a 35% for a light blue or maybe a 20% for a darker blue ,if you dont care about johnny law then a 35 on the windsheild and the rest would look bitchen ,iv done a couple gassers with the blue ,some one who tints in your hood should be able to get it and make sure they do one piece windows some hacks dont,I would think they would have to order it in its prolly not to common ,but they still make it ,good luke and post pics if you get it done.

3. Like i said...not worried about road usage ...thinkin about it for autorama this march...also i.live.in a.very poorly equipped town for anything other then plain.old.normal shit...

4. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

You should go with Lexan ,Plexi scratchs very quickly, They make a scratch resitant lexan , any lexan dealer should carry it , Not sure about the color tho, Tim Jones

5. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

Think I remember checking into tinted Lexan with Regal Plastics or one of the plastic suppliers in Dallas.